Honour, Morals, And That Kind Of Bullshit

Horns and trumpets played as the west royal family stepped out of the carrousel. A low 'Don't mess this up' was heard from the king and dedicated to his son, who stood by his side while queen Honerva and prince Lotor approached them.
Between the guards guiding their path was a long blond haired servant.

"It is a great honor to see you once again, good friend." The woman spoke to the king kindly, greeting him with a kiss on each cheek. More than allies, they were as close and identical as two water drops, both ruthless and ambitious, realistic and logical, cold blooded.

Her son, who shared her same tanned skin and long, silky albino hair - now held together in a ponytail - grinned at his so called neighbor, childhood partner and mostly training adversary. He couldn't recall a time they'd gotten along, and if there was, it was long gone after years of him stepping over Keith, being better, greater, stronger, physically and mentally.

"It's a real pleasure, prince Yorak." He announced ironically, sticking out his hand to him.

Keith bit his tongue, trying to keep the despise from showing on his face. The pleasure was visible on Lotor's face. That boy had always enjoyed the fact that Keith's father preferred hím over his own son, and he liked to rub it in.

Yorak. Lotor knew how he disliked that name.

But the utmost diplomacy was needed now, so Keith took his hand and shook it, trying to ignore the pain of the other's strong grip.
"The pleasure is mutual, Prince Lotor," he lied. The pleasure wasn't mutual at all. If he could, he would have chased Lotor out of his goddamn castle. That was an amusing thought, at least.

He quickly let go and bowed to the Queen. "Queen Honerva, it's a true pleasure to see you again too."
He still clearly remembered the occasion on which she had smacked him across the face for hitting Lotor in a play fight. They had been five at the time. And all his father had done was look at him disapprovingly, as though it had been his fault, while tiny Lotor hit him with his own wooden sword. Keith hadn't been allowed to hit back anymore.

Lotor must have really enjoyed beating Keith, because next time they met he'd been training a lot more, and could easily defeat Keith in their fights. Asshole.

He turned back to Lotor, still that incredibly fake polite look on his face. "I hope your journey went well, Prince Lotor," he spoke.

Not with the thought of coming to see you, the other prince thought with disdain that was only visible in the glimmer of his icey blue eyes.

"Indeed, it was quite pleasing with the mesmerizing views of this kingdom, which I never get tired of, may I say," he praised, knowing the king was listening. He turned to him and bowed with respect. "It's been a while, your majesty. Thank you for having us."
He looked over his shoulder and snapped his fingers at the blonde girl. "Servant, the gift." Did he have to do it all by himself?

"Ah, of course, my Prince," the nervous girl said before walking and kneeling in front of the king, offering a big, bright, orange sphalerite. "The newest stone found in our kingdom, your excellency." A fine piece for the treasure perhaps.

God, Keith wanted to throw up at that sickeningly sweet tone of Lotor's voice. He knew it was bullshit. Sure, Daibazaal had some beautiful places, but not 'mesmerising'. Stupid ass, he just wanted to impress King Zarkon.

The gem was pretty, but a bit obnoxious for Keith's taste. It reminded him of the ruby necklace that had been left by the thief.
And again, Keith wondered why the boy had left it. Such a necklace was incredibly valuable. With the right buyer, you could buy a reasonable house with that money. And the boy had looked like he needed it, had sounded like he needed it. That desperation... It haunted Keith's mind.