Ch 6

The man looked back, frowning at the voice that disturbed him.

He didn't seem to know who I was because I wore a one-piece dress that was good for leisure activities, not the clothes for saints.

However, looking at the two maids of the temple behind me, he seemed to think for a moment if I was a high-ranking priestess.

I said once again,

"Can't you hear me?"

"......"

Still, he didn't even budge. I looked at him and said again,

"If you want to meet a woman, go outside, not in the temple. This girl is a priestess."

He then frowned, feeling terrible from having a random girl, who looked much younger than him, suddenly appear and say impudent words, and said,

"I just wanted to have a conversation with the apprentice, but what are you..."

It seemed like he wasn't the kind of person to be dealt with good words.

"This apprentice doesn't seem to want to talk to you."

My words shook the eyes of the new apprentice.

She urgently opened her mouth,

"Priestess! This priest was unilaterally harassing me."

She didn't seem to recognize me as the Saintess and urgently asked me for help.

At that, the man furrowed his brows.

"What are you talking about? Elium seems to pick new apprentices carelessly these days, lying about what we've been talking about, really."

He seemed to have gained some courage when I stood still staring at the book covers next to him.

Even if I'm a high-ranking priestess, he was confident he could cover this up as he knew many higher-ups.

'Oh, that would be useful too, 『Imperial Banquet Etiquette』.'

Of course, I was just skimming through the necessary data.

"It's ridiculous to put such an insult on a nice person."

Daisy, the apprentice, glared angrily at the man's sarcastic remarks.

"You just asked me to go out for a drink with you!"

But he only crossed his arms, pretending not to know.

I picked out the books I needed with my eyes and asked him with a light smile around my mouth,

"Excuse me, which family are you from?"

"I am Hans from the Baron family of Reizfield."

'Hmm, the Reizfield family.'

It wasn't a famous family in central politics since I had no memory of reading it in the book. Hans, too, is a name I've never heard of.

He raised his chin and said to me,

"Now that I have revealed my name, please reveal your name, too. I will petition a report to the temple regarding the offense I have received today, state yours and this apprentice's names."

Then, the maids standing behind me intervened in an angry voice,

"How impudent!"

"Do you even know who she is?!"

I raised one hand to silence the maids. Then, I said, staring straight at the apprentice priestess, who had an anxious expression as she didn't know what to do because she was at a disadvantage,