Ch 9

Heinz turned away, coughing in vain at Reyhas' words. He could see his long sword hanging on the wall.

"Tha-that..."

The overbearing murderous intent that Reyhas intentionally emitted caused Heinz to be intimidated.

Heinz, forgetting what he wanted to say, looked elsewhere and said,

"I'm just... I'm just here to express my wish that you would discuss it with me."

Reyhas stared at Heinz without answering, and Heinz murmured to himself,

"And... It was absurd that the Saintess, who doesn't even play her role properly, tried to abuse her authority. He deserves to be expelled, but I'm afraid she's..."

Heinz coughed and expressed his dissatisfaction with the Saintess in order to quell his accusations against Reyhas.

"I didn't know because I was busy with my job."

"The High Priest feel the same way as I do..."

"That Elium's discipline was so messed up."

Heinz realized he had made a slip of the tongue when Reyhas' colder gaze was directed at him.

"What a profane story."

"High Priest!"

"When people are free, they tend to think about nonsense. No matter how god-servicing a priest is."

Although the Saintess was the person brought by the High Priest, the High Priest had never defended her when complaints about her negligence came out.

But today, Reyhas was looking at Heinz with a frighteningly cold gaze.

"It was said that there was an abnormal phenomenon in the Ares mine. Monsters keep appearing and dark energy is flowing out."

"H-High Priest...!"

Heinz's face hardened.

The Ares mine is so far away that once you start touring, you'll never know when you will be able to return to Elium.

The environment there was renowned for being barren.

"I'm too old and weak..."

"I am ordering the Chief Priest to investigate."

Reyhas' determined voice were stuck in Heinz's ears.

Heinz bitterly regretted the mistake he made with his mouth.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The day I spent as a saint has gone by moderately.

Today, as a blessing from Hesed, I read books and took a walk in the backyard.

The gods who had been debating eagerly were silent for a while to take a nap. And in the late afternoon, while getting dressed with the help of the maids for the visit to the Imperial Palace, a sudden turmoil arose outside.

"What is it?"

"They said that it's because one of the priestesses has something to say to the Saintess."

"She has something to say to me?"

I was curious so I told the maid,

"Bring her to me, I'll listen to what she's going to say."

After a while, a familiar priestess came in behind the maids.

A bobbed haired girl wearing a ragged, dark blue uniform. She was the apprentice priestess I met at the Temple Library a few days ago.