Chapter 7.

Hayden's offer was greatly accepted. Of course I want to get to know him better. Why wouldn't any reasonable person want to get to know him? He's beautiful to look at, fun to talk to, sarcastic, witty, smart, flirtatious, and very naughty. He's the combination of the perfect man, besides his moody and rude side. But there's always one flaw that makes a perfect man, no longer seem perfect. I'm sure Hayden would be taken, and in a relationship with someone else. Which makes me wonder; why isn't he?

"Tell me about yourself." He says taking off his suit jacket, resting it on the arm rest of the couch.

"What do you want to know about me?" He takes a seat next to me on the couch. The first thing I did when I came into his home was take off those damn heels. I don't think I could've lasted another minute in them.

"You can tell me anything you want me to know about you."

"Well . . . let's see. . ." What should I tell him? What is interesting about me that I can tell him? I am a very boring person. "There's really not much to know about me."

"There's a lot I can learn about you. What's your full name? Your favorite color? You're favorite food?" He chuckles, he doesn't really want to know this information but he using the questions as examples. "You can tell me your favorite things to do? And if you're you in school? If so, what are you studying? You can tell me anything."

"Alice Marie Greene. Is my full name." I began, a small smile etched on Hayden's face. "My mother was going to name me Marie but my Dad said no, he wanted Alice."

"Alice is cute." He states, his smile growing.

I cringe, "Thanks. My favorite color is gargantuan green grape."

"What the hell kind of color is that?"

"It's like a mint green."

"You couldn't have said mint green?"

"No, because my favorite color is gargantuan green grape."

"Fair point." He says quietly, chuckling.

"My favorite food is anything that includes pasta and cheese. I'm studying psychology like my mom did. I go to school four days out of the week, Monday through Thursday."

"My favorite things to do . . ." Hayden leans forward, both hands holding up his cute face. He looks like a child, silently staring at me. "I like to listen to music, read books. I do a lot of reading, mostly poetry. I have a lot of time on my hands because I have no friends. Well, besides Reign . . . and Ryder but he doesn't really count. I pay him to hang out with me."

He laughs, "Well now you have me. And you don't have to pay me to be around you. That's just what I want."

I flush looking away from him. Like I said before, he is fucking perfect.

"What kind of books do you read?"

"I'm really into poetry more so than actual books. But being the hopeless romantic that I am I'm obsessed with sappy romance novels."

"Do you have a favorite poet?"

"I really love E. E. Cummings and of course William Shakespeare. Tyler Knott Gregson has become a top on my list. His work is absolutely amazing."

"No kidding." Hayden says wide eyed.

"What?"

"Tyler is one of my favorite poets."

"Really?" He nods smiling, "You're a writer and poet?"

"Not professional, but I do write. I went to school for English Literature for a year. Then I went into Business, then Enterprise Architecture, and finally Information and Communication Technology."