Chapter 22.

"I'll get you touchin' on your body, I know I'd rather be complacent, but girl I'm so glad we're acquainted.."

(The Weeknd - Acquatinted)

____________________________________________________

Ding! The elevator door opens and two people stepped out on the 16th floor. The doors quickly close and moves up to the next floor.

Ding! The doors part again on the 17th floor and another couple gets off. There were only 20 floors, and six people left in this elevator. Hayden, Lina, Jake, Ryder, a random girl with strawberry blonde hair, and myself. I honestly wasn't sure who would get off with who. There's a possibility I get off with Hayden, or I get off with Jake or even Ryder. That's what scared me, I don't want either Ryder or Jake, I want Hayden.

Ding! The doors open and we all stare silently at each other. Then Jake takes the hand of the girl with the strawberry blonde locks and walk out to the 18th floor. Which left me, Hayden, Ryder, and Lina. I was worried as Hayden's eyes stayed on Lina and Ryder watched me as I watched Hayden. I know Hayden and Lina have history witch could be the reason they get off of the elevator together.

Ding! The doors slide open and Ryder reaches for my hand. I frown but it gets replaced by a smile when Hayden pushes him away from me and he leaves with Lina.

The elevator moves again, reaching the final floor. Hayden takes my hand leading me off of the elevator. When the doors close, he cups my face kissing me. Hard. "I knew it would be us."

"I love you." I smile at him.

He kisses me again, "I love you, too."

***

Waking up to the sound of the front door opening and closing, I look over at my side and Hayden was gone. Maybe Hayden just left or he ordered room service again. I check the time on my phone; 9:34 a.m. Yeah, that could've been him unless he left earlier.

I don't remember all of the dream that I had, but I do remember Hayden and I declaring our love for one another. I'm not sure why I had a dream like that, neither of us really feel that way.

My body hurts and I don't feel like moving, but I have to get out of the bed and shower. I noticed the blood on the sheet yesterday, but last night I didn't feel like I could move. The maid that comes in to clean is going to be shocked when she has to change the sheets. I wonder if that happens a lot, people getting blood on the white linens; whether it be from the popping of the hymen, menstrual blood, or an open wound.

Finally getting up from the bed, with sore legs I go into the bathroom. Switching on the light, I take notice of my appearance. I run a hand through my tangled after sex bed hair. Ugh, thank heavens Hayden left so he doesn't have to see me like this. Gasping, I stare at all of the reddish marks covering my skin; my hipbones, my collarbones, my neck, my breast. Hickeys everywhere. They felt good yesterday, but I don't like the way these look. I feel like a teenager with these hickeys all over my body. I did not pack clothing for this type of occurrence. I turn away from my reflection stepping into the hot shower. Maybe the shower will help ease some of the pain I'm feeling.

I spent half of my morning in the hotel room not having a damn clue what to do with myself. With Hayden in meetings all morning and afternoon, I was left alone; sore and bored.

When Hayden called me I was dressed in a white hotel robe flipping through the channels on the TV. I haven't watched regular television in so long, nothing even seems interesting to me. "How are you?" Is the first question he asked when I answered the phone.