Chapter 9.

*I woke up wanting to kiss you.* I flush reading the message Hayden sent me. I was the first thing he thought about when he woke up? He's still thinking about me. I can't hide my smile.

I slip my phone back into my bag as someone walks into the classroom, holding only a sheet of paper. He whispers something into Professor Randall's ear handing him the paper. Professor Randall reads over the paper, clearing his throat, he says, "Good news for five lucky students just came in."

"It says here that, the five highest scorers on tomorrow's exam get a paid internship with the top five psychologist or psychiatrist in Seattle and Everett."

This would be a perfect opportunity for me. To be picked out of all of these students for a paid internship would be a great achievement. I can learn firsthand from a psychologist, not just any, one of the best. I already planned on looking for an internship but most of them don't pay and if they do the pay isn't that great. But this is even better than I could've imagined. This is why I chose this school, they always make it easier for students with big dreams to make it somewhere in the world. Not many schools care for their students like they say they do, but here you're pushed to be the best you can be and exceed to exceptionally great measures. I only dreamed of getting an internship in my field of, but it's a dream that can come true if I allow myself to study hard and focus on this exam tomorrow.

". . . so whoever thought they can 'just wing' the exam tomorrow, you are gravely mistaken. If you really care about your future careers, whatever plans you have cancel them and study hard tonight." He says before dismissing us and I plan to do just that. I will have to cancel on Hayden's dinner tonight.

I call Hayden in the parking lot of my school. He takes so long to answer I thought it was going to go to voicemail. "Hello?" He answers.

"Hi, it's Alice."

"Yes, I know. I do have this thing called 'caller ID.'"

"Right." I chuckle nervously, "Do you think we can rain check on the dinner tonight?"

He pauses for a brief moment, "Why do you want to cancel?"

"I have a really important exam tomorrow, and if I pass with one of the highest scores, I can get a paid internship with one of the top five psychologist in either Seattle or Everett." I explain. "And I really need to study. This is important to me."

"I can help you study." He says and I laugh, "Bring your books and whatnot, we will have dinner, then I'll help you study."

"You can't help me study. You don't know anything about psychology."

"I'm a smart man Alice, I'm sure I can figure it out." He is very smart but he's also very distracting. I guess if I want our friendship to grow then I can at least give him a chance. "So what do you say?"

"Oh, fine." I grunt, "I will be there tonight at seven."

"See you at seven." He replies. I get the feeling he's going to be more of a distraction then a helper.

____________________

Hayden opens the door for me and as always he looks beautiful. He's wearing a suit? "Always dressed so formally, Hayden?"

"I had too." He mutters taking my hand and closing the door behind me.

"Just go along with it." He whispers in my ear. Go along with what? He takes me into the dining room. There was one black marble dining table with ten white leather chairs to match. White flower filled vases decorated the center of the table, just below the large crystal chandelier. For a man who hates white, his house is filled with it.