Chapter 28.

"Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips, we should just kiss like real people do.."

(Hozier - Like Real People Do)

____________________________________________________

Being that Hayden was going to pick me up from work, I decided to wear my work clothes then I was going to change into a different, more appealing dress, appropriate for a night out.

Instead of curling my hair like usual, I flat ironed it. I kind of forgot Geoff was outside, but when I remembered I had to rush to finish getting ready and to pack a small bag to go back to Hayden's.

At the office, Dr. Reece was standing by the receptionist desk on his phone. "Good morning Miss Greene." He smiles at me when I take my seat behind the desk. Dr. Reece is one of the youngest doctors here, being that he's in his late 30's. Dr. Horgan is in her late 40's and Dr. James is in his early 50's. He's very easy on the eye and has a beautiful charming smile.

"Good morning Dr. Reece." I return the smile.

"How's your morning?"

My morning has possibly been the best morning ever. "Exceptional, yours?"

"Could've been better, I mean last night was great. I went out with a couple of guys and it turned into a rather delirious night. But the aftermath of drinking to excess is grim, I woke up with a massive hangover. I haven't had a hangover since college. Do you drink Alice?"

"Barely. I didn't try my first drink until maybe three weeks ago."

"Really? No wonder you managed to graduate at twenty-three, you were determined and didn't allow yourself to have any unnecessary distractions. I like that trait in a female." I flush, an awkward laugh forcing its way out at his last comment.

Dr. James steps out of the elevator, he's a little late. "Do you have my coffee Miss Greene?" He asked while unlocking his office door.

I pick up his coffee from the desk handing it to him. He thanks me before going into his office and closing the door behind him, leaving Dr. Reece and I alone again, "You bring him coffee?" He asked shocked, I think. "He has you doing the work of a personal assistant, I thought you were here to gain experience in his area of expertise. If you were under me, you'd be in my room learning from me every second, not fetching me coffee, setting appointments, and checking my schedule."

"Different teaching styles, I guess." I shrug.

He taps the desk lightly before standing upright, "I better get to my office, I didn't finish my paperwork last night." The look he gives me before walking off was slightly unsettling but I decided not to dwell on it as the day went on.

Dr. Horgan orders everyone's lunch today, and we sit in the break room eating while the three doctors ask me questions about my personal life. I would have much rather the conversation be on anyone but me, but they just kept throwing in question after question and every time I try to change the subject it would always get brought back to me. My phone was my savior from any more of their inquisitions.

I excuse myself, leaving the room to take the call. "Hey, Alice," Ryder's voices speaks from the other line, "I've been trying to get in touch with you. How have you been since I last saw you?"

"I have good days and bad. What about you, how are you Ryder? I miss hanging out with you."

He breathes heavily into the phone, "I missed you too Alice, I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I will admit I was still upset with you for turning me down, but I understand entirely why you did. We're friends and that's how you want us to stay. I don't want to lose you."