Chapter 2.

- Hayden's point of view -

"Let's pick up some bitches!" Collin says air drumming to the amateur music playing from the radio. I may be an asshole, but so is Collin. That's how we get on so well. The difference between Collin and myself is I would never call a girl anything like that. The term is degrading and quite frankly an extremely stupid name to call someone. I get called a thousand names in the book by the end of one night, but I don't try to return the vulgar language. And for the most part what they say about me is true. I am an asshole, a jerk who only cares for himself, a douchebag with a lot of money who always gets his way, emotionally fucked up. I already know things about me, so their words mean nothing to me.

Collin insist on me driving him to the bar instead of just meeting me there. I only agreed to it because I know how shit-faced he gets when he's drunk and when I leave he's forced to call a taxi or to go home with whomever can find someone as revoltingly plastered as him attractive. Once I get a girl for the night, I leave him exactly where he is. And the next day, he complains about me being a horrible friend. He's lucky he even has a friend like me that's willing drives him around like a chauffeur.

"Stymest, are you listening to me?" He hits my arms taking me from my thoughts.

"No." I answer truthfully. "What were you saying?"

"I know brunettes aren't your type, but last night I saw this beautiful brunette gawking at you all night."

"Yesterday?" I went home with a blonde, I didn't notice a brunette staring at me yesterday.

As awful as this may sound, I try to avoid brunettes at all cost. There are too many things about them that remind me of old, revolting memories. For one, my dream. When I first started having that nightmare, I've tried to stay away from brunette's altogether. Which didn't work because a lot of women from my past are brunettes; Lina, Heather, Paige, and a shitload of others.

"Yeah, I would've went up to her to take her for myself but she was staring at you so hard, I didn't want to interrupt." He says laughing.

"You sure she wasn't a blonde? You know how you get when you're shitfaced."

"Actually. . ." he pauses for a moment, "I could have sworn she had brown hair, but you could be right." He shrugs.

I turn into the lot of the bar and we hurry inside. Who's coming home with me tonight? I scan around the place looking for anyone I could find remotely attractive. There were women everywhere, it was like picking ice cream from the ice cream shop. So many different flavors to choose from, vanilla, chocolate, caramel, strawberry, Oreo . . .

"Stymest!" I heard an old, old college friend, Ryder, call out to me. Make sure to put extra emphasis on the word old. It's been years since I've seen him let alone talked to him. The man that I once was—well still am—made an asshole move and ruined our friendship. Though I pretended I didn't care that we were no longer friends, I did actually enjoy the time I once spent with him. I push past the bodies in the bar making my way to him. "Shit Hayden, I didn't know you were coming."

"I'm always here, it's different seeing you around again." When we were friends, going out to bars and nightclubs weren't really his thing. He just wanted to focus on his art and said I was distracting him from what was important to him. He was an aspiring artist when we were in college together. I don't know if he ever followed his dream of selling his art, despite what I told him I knew he was good at what he did.

He turns his attention to the girl on his right. As she talks to him, I tried picturing her without all the clothes. She is absolutely beautiful; her face, her curvy frame. Besides her brunette hair, she was exactly the type of woman I would want to see naked. And from what I could see, she was coming home with me tonight. "She's with you?" I ask him once she walks over to the bar.
She was watching me watch her, teasing me as I spoke with Ryder thinking of all the ways I could fuck her tonight. My fingers twitching at my sides as she shakes her hips subtly to the music playing around us.