Chapter 11.

- Hayden's point of view -

"Wade?" I snap answering my phone.

"I have the portfolio on Alice Greene."

"Bring it to me."

"Yes sir." He responds and I end the call. While waiting on the file, my mind wanders to last night. I got somewhere new with Alice, my father's revelation, spending my night helping Alice study, telling her how I actually felt. I wonder idly if she finished her exam by now and how it went. I spent my entire morning, waiting to know how she'd manage.

*Thinking of you. How's the exam?*

The double doors to my office open and Nadine rushes in the door, frantic and out of breath. "What happened?" I ask her standing from my seat, setting my phone on my desk.

"There's a guy . . ." She pauses trying to recollect her breath.

"Miss Leighton, what is it?" I snap, she knows not to come in here like this.

"This guy, he came in saying he wanted to talk with you, but he didn't have an appointment, and he said he wasn't leaving until he got in touch with you. I called security and when they tried to escort him out, his body guards pushed them away and they were exchanging words and suddenly guns were being drawn out."

"Who is he?" I ask her, heading towards the lobby. Hearing that there are guns being pulled out in my lobby sends me in high alert.

"I don't know, sir." She responds quietly. "I am sorry for the way I came into your office, Mr. Stymest. I just ran to you as soon as I saw the weapons. I didn't even think to call you."

"It's okay. I just thought, by the way you came in, the worst was happening." She shakes her head silently as we walk into the lobby. The scene in just as Nadine described it. Four men, pointing their weapons at each other, everyone else in the room watching as the scene unfolds.

"Alright boys settle down, put your toys away." I utter, and they withdraw their weapons, setting them back in their holsters.

"Mr. Stymest." Mr. Alexander walks in front of his body guards. He extends his hand out to me, and I nod giving him a firm handshake. "I thought I might drop by. See where you work, how your company looks. I really wanted to see why you declined my offer to work for me. Nice place you got here."

"Thank you, Mr. Alexander. Alice told me you were asking about me, but you didn't have to come here making a scene in my lobby."

"You haven't seen me make a scene yet, Mr. Stymest." He responds haughtily.

"Is there something I can do for you? You came all this way just to get a look at my building. Don't you have better things to do?" I ask, in a mocking way.

He eyes me, engrossed. "You talk to me as if I'm a man of no power."

"In case you forgot where you were, let me remind you, this is my building, with my name on it, with my employees in it. You hold no power here, Mr. Alexander."

"Oh, but I can." He mutters arrogantly, looking me up and down in a condescending manner.

"Are you threatening me?" I ask, smirking.

"It's simply a statement Mr. Stymest."

"Sir," Nadine cuts in, "You have a meeting with Jonathan Prince in two minutes. Should I reschedule?"

"No, I will be there." I turn my attention back to David. "If that's all Mr. Alexander, I have a meeting to attend."

"I will be seeing you around, Hayden."