Chapter 58.

"When you said your last goodbye I died a little bit inside..."

(Klodaline - All I Want)
____________________________________________________

I woke up to a note where Hayden was supposed to be. I pick it up quickly scanning over it, it read that he had breakfast already and he didn't have time to stay in because he had other stuff to take care of. I frown sitting up in the bed. I know I never mentioned anything about my birthday to Hayden, somehow I just expected him to know that it was today.

I sigh getting out off the bed and going into the bathroom. After taking care of my bathroom needs I go downstairs for breakfast. I get a call from Dr. James as I make it to the kitchen. "Good morning Miss Greene."

"Dr. James, how are you on this fine morning?" My voice is light and cheerful as I talk with my boss.

"I'm doing very well thank you. I figured I'd call you with the news myself instead of you having to see it for yourself when you come in on Monday."

"Everything okay?" I open the refrigerator to find a plate wrapped in saran wrap neatly placed in the front. It had a sticky note on it that said my name so I take it out of the fridge. The plate was still kind of hot and the saran wrap was still a little foggy from the steam which means Hayden wasn't gone for too long before I woke up. I sat the plate on the counter listening to Dr. James talk.

"I hired a new receptionist on Friday, she starts her first day on Monday."

My heart drops, "Am I getting fired?"

"No!" He chuckles. "Quite the opposite Miss Greene. After you left the office on Friday Hayden and I gathered a team together to fix up one of the extra offices in our building. It's yours now Miss Greene, if you'd take it."

"What? Of course!" This is the next best thing to having my own building. "Thank you so much Dr. James."

"It's really Mr. Stymest whom you have to thank. It isn't completed yet, but they're working hard so it can be ready for you on Monday. It already looks amazing, it's making me want to remodel my own office."

"Oh god, I'm so excited I can't wait to see it." I could feel tears already beginning to brim my water lines. My voice gave away that I was on the verge of tears. But I'd only be crying because this is something I could only wish for when I was younger.

"Have a wonderful birthday Miss Greene."

"Thank you Dr. James." I dance a little happy dance after I end the call with him. This is turning out to be an already perfect day.

I have to call Hayden to thank him for breakfast and getting in touch with Dr. James to get an office together for me. That's the best birthday surprise I have ever recieved.

I was sat at the table eating the raspberry soufflé omelet while I decided to call Hayden. He didn't answer the first call but quickly called back before I got the chance to put my phone down. "Good morning beautiful, sorry I missed your call." His voice putting the biggest smile on my face.

"Good morning." I can't fight my smile. "I don't mean to interrupt your work, I just wanted to say thank you for breakfast and helping Dr. James create the space for me in his office. I can't wait to see what you did, but knowing you I have an immense feeling I'm going to love it."