9 - Pass away

Here is another chapter! This one is quite depressing as said in the last chapter that Dream's dad was caught in an accident. (DISCLAIMER! Dream's dad is still alive in real life, but I just added this to add some plots.)

ENJOY!

Dream's Point of View

 I walked inside the hospital with Drista following behind. "Room of Daniel Anderson?", I asked the receptionist. "He is currently in Surgery. May I know your name?", she asked leaning in the desk to show more cleavage. "Dre- Clay Anderson.", I said. "Clay... Mr. Anderson, follow me so I can lead you to Mrs. Anderson.", the nurse said and lead the way as we followed her. We walked until she started leaning closer making me walk to my sister's other side. I then saw mom. Her eyes dull and her face drained with colors, with my sister Candice. Her eyes are red from crying. I walked towards them. "Mom.", I uttered while giving her a side hug. She wrapped her arms around my arm and cried on it. "There is little Dream. We can get through this. Through prayers and successful operation. Please.", she cried. "excuse me sir, ma'am. I would be leaving.", the nurse excused herself and left. 
 Mom slowly dozed off and fell asleep on my arms. "Dream, I'm hungry.", Drista complained while I look at Candice. I gave Candice a 100 dollar bill and said, "Can you and Drista buy some food? I would watch mom while you guys buy food". They both nodded and left. I sighed and was about to close my eyes when I felt my phone vibrate. I brought it out to see an unknown number. 

 Is this the right number?

 It asked. 

 Who is this? 

 I replied.

 It's Lia.

It said.

 Was she really chatting with me?

 Oh, hey. Sry I had 2 leave lyk that.  I replied. 

 It's fine. Better than seeing me look like a mess.

She joked.  I chuckled lightly and smiled unknowingly. 

Who cares about your outside looks. Being beautiful inside is better than being beautiful outside.

 I chatted. Suddenly, the door opened. The doctor walked out with his checklist. "Hey, Doc. Is Mr. Anderson alright? I am his son.", I ranted. "Yes sir. He is fine but is in a critical state. Let us pray he won't have a heart attack or he would end up in a coma as he is diagnosed with a heart problem.", the doctor spoke. I heave a sigh of relief. "Thank God.", I mumbled. "Thank you Dr.?", I asked. "Dr. Nick.", he said smiled and excused himself to do some work. I nodded at him and checked my phone. I guess you're right. How r u btw?

 Dream? U there?? I chuckled lightly. 

Yeah, I'm here. Sorry, in the hospital rn. Had to talk to the doctor. 

I replied. 
I see. Is it like 7 already? You still haven't eaten anything? She texted. 
Wow, Lia cared?? Pog??? 

I laughed internally. 

Shut up Dream... Anyways, hru? 

She texted making me smile unknowingly. 

I'm fine. How bout u? I texted. I'm also fine. After the break-up, it hurts, but I can manage. Can't believe he's just after money and fame  

I read the text making me question her. 

Fame? 

I texted.

  Oh, I am YouTuber.It is Sssniperwolf.

She texted making me raise my brow. 

Okay, gotta search that. Brb. 

I texted and was about to search it when my sisters arrived with 2 bags of Chick-Fil-A. "You really spent all of it?", I asked surprised. They looked at each other and nodded. I chuckled and walked to the Canteen where people eat with mom in my arms. They placed the 4 boxes of crispy honey barbeque chicken, 4 milkshakes, as it is hot. Some rice and ice cream. I lightly shook my mom to wake up. She opened her eyes and get out of my arms with a smile. "Thank you for carrying me Dream.", she smiled. "Sure, anytime mom. Come on let's eat. I'll discuss dad's health after we eat.", I said and sat down. We ate in silence. No one dared to talk, mom still has the frown on her face. Does love really make you this miserable and vulnerable? "Hey mom...", I started after we finished eating. "Yes Dream?", she replied. " The surgery is successful, but he is still in a critical condition. I cannot promise that he won't fall into a coma, but if he had a heart attack because of his heart problems, he will. Overall, time and prayers are needed.", I said as mom's face showed hope and sadness in them. "He will fight this.", she said. "I know he will.", she replied. We nodded and left the cafeteria to the waiting room.

 We saw dad's hand twitch on the window. The nurse allowed us to go in, but only one by one. I went in first. I sat down on the chair beside his and grabbed his limp, cold hand. "Dad, can you hear me? If you can. Please, stay strong. I am here. Your children are here. Mom is here. Fight for us.", I said, feeling a tear slip off my face. "Please dad.", I whispered. "Oh don't get the too dramatic boy.", I heard a voice as I looked up to see dad awake with a weak smile on his face. "Dad you're awake.", I exclaimed and hugged him not too tight. "Why won't I be?", he asked. I chuckled lightly and pulled away. "I'll go get the nurse.", I said and was about to leave but dad stopped me. "Don't son. It is too late for me. I can see the light. Just do me one thing okay?", he coughed violently. "Protect your mother and sisters for me okay? Do this for me son. I love you all so much. I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough. I love you son. And I will always will.", his heart monitor turned into a straight line.

his eyes closed. His hands grew colder. "Dad?", I called out. "DAD?!", I exclaimed and tried to shook him. "DAD THIS ISN'T A JOKE ANYMORE WAKE UP!", I exclaimed and went out. "NURSE PLEASE CODE BLUE!", I yelled and grabbed dad's hand. "Please dad wake up. Don't leave us. Dad, please. NO!", I exclaimed as the nurses tried to pull me away. "DAD! NO!", I yelled, tears streaming down my face as I walked out. Mom was looking at me worriedly while my sisters cried. "He's...", I paused and hugged mom tightly. "I don't know mom... This is just...", I paused and sobbed lightly on mom's shoulder as mom patted me. "Use your words, dear. What happened?", she softly asked. The door opened and the doctor came out. "I am so sorry. We couldn't save him...", Dr. Nick sadly said making my world crumble down right then and there. I and father had the best connection with me and my ADHD when I was a child, with my road to IT... Seeing dad spoke his last words to me hurts so bad. I felt myself sit on the chair and shut my eyes. 

 This can't be real...