10 - Deep

Dream's Point of View

I was sitting in a chair with a blank mind. Today was my father's funeral. I was called to the stage as I stood up. "My father was the best person I had met in my life. He and my mother always helped me with my ADHD when I was a child. He was the one who inspired me to take IT. To start a new career at age 16. To start to act and be me. He was the best father, best friend, the best person you will ever have. I am devastated when he spoke his last words to me. 'Protect you mother and your sister for me.'. That promise will be kept till the day I die. I Will not disappoint him. I will not let any more harm done to my family.", I said in pure sadness and determination. I sat down and contemplate what I had just said. Was I enough to protect my family?

I sighed and will just go back to Florida when the house is done. I and Lia haven't talked since last week about my father's last word. I was socially dead. My confidence suddenly left my body, but I knew that Confidence doesn't begin to one person, but begins to ourselves. I walked inside the house after the funeral and dropped down the couch. Mom said that she would be staying here with Candice and me and Drista should stay in Florida as she knew it makes it harder to go here especially with Sam and Dad. I hesitated but agreed. Drista decided to stay to help mom with the situation. I did promise them that I would visit monthly. I grabbed my duffle bag with my clothes and left, leaving Candice my keys for her to use during her work as she uses public transportation. I took the flight to Florida as driving there would take 4 days again. I boarded the plane and sat down, looking out the window, day dreaming about how my life is going to an awful beat. Sam. Then problems with a strange woman. Then the death of dad.

Can good ever come to my life? Maybe that was the mask is in my logo. To hide the pain in a facade smile. Was it really her reason? Was she cheating on me before I even started the channel and made that mask for me that she would pretend to be happy with but has an affair with another guy?? I arrived at the apartment, tired. Dropping down my bed, I sighed and brought my phone out to see 11 unread messages from Lia.

Have you seen it?

Dream you there?

Is everything okay there?

Dream?

Dream!

Today

Are you ignoring me?

Dream?

Dream!

Ugh... I hate u.

Yeah if u want this game then fine.

Don't chat with me.

My eyes widened to see how much she liked my attention. I began typing on my phone.

Yeah, sorry. Had a bad week. Dad died, and busy arranging the funeral. Sorry. Hope we can still talk?

I texted. Dream rose from the dead.

Oh! I'm sorry to hear that. That is insensitive of me. Sure, we can get coffee or something? Are you in Florida right now?

She replied.

Uh, yeah. Orlando to be exact. You?

I texted.

In Phoenix, Arizona. Guess we can't.

She texted.

Okay, then. Gtg sleep. Tired hehe. Bye.

I texted and placed the phone on the nightstand. I sighed and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

THE NEXT DAY:

I woke up from the ringing of my phone. I grumbled and brought the phone to my ears. "Hello?", I asked. "HEY CLAY!", Drista yelled at the phone making me bring the phone away from my ear. "Jesus Drista. Early in the morning!", I groaned. "Sorry! How's my big brother?", she asked. "I'm fine just sleeping then someone woke me up.", I rolled my eyes. "Oh... Mom is here. Gotta end the call before you hear her say— Girls come down! Or I am telling Dream to not send you your gifts!", I heard from the other line making me laugh. "Put it on the loudspeaker and bring it to mom.", I said and heard footsteps running down the stairs. "Moom. Clay wants to talk to you.", Drista said. "Mom is this on loudspeaker?", I asked while she said yes. "Drista and Candice. If you make mom upset I won't give you anything!", I yelled playfully.

I heard gasps and grumbles from the other and mom's laughter. "You heard my Dream! Now eat!", mom ordered whilst laughing. "Thank you, Clay.. You stay safe there okay? Contact me when you need anything. I'm running there as soon as I can.", mom said. "Mom, you take care of yourself. I will be fine. Dad raised me to become an independent man.", I said with a smile and bid my farewell. I stood up and started the day with some morning coffee after a jog. Then inside my house and watch some YouTube. Totally forgetting to check Lia's channel

Oh gosh. Sorry, I forgot to publish the last chapter yesterday! So enjoy these 2 chapter in a day I guess? Anyways, I won't repeat what I keep repeating every last chapter. 

Please follow, vote, comment, and please share with others? Thank you!