16 - Broken Heart

2 chapters in a day! This isn't the end. I feel like it is still not enough for missing 3 days of not publishing.

Dream's Point of View 

 Sitting on the bench outside, my wound being treated by the nurse, and my sister getting carried by the stretcher as the ambulance drove away to the hospital to get her checked up. I sighed as I remember Jack's words. Sam's child. "Dream... Talk to me. Please, I am worried.", Sam softly said as she grabbed my hand. I swiftly pushed her hand away. "Don't touch me...", I said as she looked at me with confusion. "What's wrong?", she asked. "Tell me more... Is it true that you had a child with Jack when I was 16?", I asked while staring at her eyes. She sighed and put her hands on her lap. "Yes. It is true.", she whispered. "When are you planning to tell me that you had a son with another guy. The guy whom I fought for you.", I asked as the nurse finished and started placing the gauze to cover the stitched-up wound in my shoulder. "When we are both comfortable once more to tell our secrets.", she answered making me look at her. "And when will that be? It will hurt more if you prolonged the news.", I said as she looked at my green orbs as I saw pain and regret. "I know. I was scared that if I told you, you would leave me.", she said. "And yet I heard it from the father himself. Is this also the reason when you stopped chatting with me for a whole year? Sam... We were dating from when I was 16 to 18. What reason?", I asked as the nurse excused herself to call a doctor. "Yes... I was ashamed that I let my illness take the best of —"."Stop making your sickness as a reason to cheat on me, Sam! It hurts more when you add more salt to the lies and deception you had given me!", I exclaimed as pain shot up to my shoulder. She stayed quiet as her hands were squeezing the cloth of her shirt. "I cannot do this anymore Sam. If we are to have a relationship with zero fidelity and honesty with each other. It is best if we end it here.", I sighed as I felt the gauze that covered the now open stitches become wet as I knew I opened the cut again. Sam looked at me with pain and confusion. "You're breaking up with me again?", she asked. "Sam... It hurts to know that this is all a charade for you to not think about the child.", I paused and took a deep breath. "But I can't let the child live without any parents. His father in jail and his mother leaving him for a man, specifically me.", I continued. "Dream...", she paused as I heard sobbings. "Go to your child Sam. Please, let's not make this situation harder than it already is." I looked away with pain all over my eyes. I heard footsteps going away as the door shut. The nurse came back and fixed the stitches they had done, but I felt nothing. I felt like I was dead once more. Why does it have to be hard to move on? Why am I still grasping the love I had for Sam when love is something Sam cannot give.

 ::::::::::::::::::::: 

 I was sitting on the seat where my sister is undergoing a check-up. She was fine, just small bruises, cuts on the back of her legs. Jack woke up and was sentenced to jail for many pieces of evidence like his kidnap, and attempt at murder. It was a relief that he now got what he deserved, but what hurts more is another break up to the woman I thought would love me back, but instead left me once more. Sure, the first time she was the one who pushed me out since she cheated on me and the second is the time I broke it off since she had a child and I cannot take the future of that child. I sigh when a nurse from earlier sat beside me. "Good afternoon Mr. Anderson.", the nurse greeted. "Can I sit here?", she asked. "Yes sure.", I kindly smiled and patted the seat next to me. "I may or may not have heard your conversation with your girlfriend and I'm sorry because it is clearly none of my business, but I just want to say that there are more fishes in the seas. We can't sulk on a single person as that is a way of God telling us that it is not the one. One day, the woman you will have a future with will maybe just be beside you all the time.", she spoke eloquently. I stared at her with pure utter shock. My mouth started to form a smile. "Thank you for the advice.", I said and did the unthinkable. I slowly pulled the nurse and gave her a small hug. Thinking about her uncomfortably, I started to pull away, but she suddenly wrapped her hands around my waist. I felt something wet as I saw her cry on my shoulder. We stayed for a bit until I felt the need to pull away. She wiped the tears out of her eyes and stood up. "Thank you sir for the hug. I will come back once your sister asks me to call you.", she said and left as I nodded.I heard my phone rang as I answered it. 

"Hello?"

 "Clay..."