34 - Cuts & songs

Hey guys! I'm back and is posting a chapter. This is what I said in the book's description. I am not that punctual and I tend to forget things. I won't share anything too personal here, and that's about it. Anyways, Enjoy the chapter!

Dream's Point of View 

 We were interrogated and escorted to our rooms. We decided to continue Candice's activity for tomorrow. I sat beside Lia who's body is wrapped with the blanket. I can't stop overthinking the outcomes if I haven't broke the chains. I sat next to her and patted her back. 

 "Are you okay?", I asked.

She spoke nothing, but wrapped the blanket on her tighter. She looked weak and dead inside. It kills me to know that she always got raped by that creep. I wanted to kill him for causing so much pain for her, but justice already happened. He is in jail now, but that hitman isn't. He was masked, so I don't know what he looks like. 

 "I'll give you space.", I said and stood up, going on the table.

 I sat on the chair, as the door inside our small room closed. I sighed thinking what could've happened if I was strong enough before he even layed a hand on her. I felt disgusted with myself, thinking how can I let a man fuck the one I love as I struggle there, trying to break free to stop it, but was too weak to break chains. I sighed once more, thinking about how dumb I could be. 

 2hours later...

 After thinking for a while, I finally went in. I saw Lia sitting on the bed, with a small knife on the side of the bed? Panic rose as I thought of the worst. Was she doing it? Her grip on her arm was tight as tears streamed down her face. 

 "What are you doing?", I asked as I walked towards her, bringing the knife away from her. 

 She let out a sob as she bit her lips to avoid more tears to flow. 

 "Let me see...", I muttered lightly whilst holding her arm. 

 She shook her head, saying no. I stared at her with a soft smile.

"I'm not going to judge you or hurt you. Just let me see.", I said softly as she stared at me then nodded, not breaking any eye contact.

 I removed her hand as I saw so many lines, some with dried blood, but some are fresh cuts. I covered it and looked at her eyes to see tears flowing down faster. 

 "I can still feel his hands on me Dream. Please, make it stop.", she whimpered as I wrapped my arms around her, not caring if the blood will stain my shirt.

 "I can't possibly do that. I know it's hard. Hell, it's hard to see my best friend getting raped in front me. What he did was explicitly wrong, and I want him to burn in hell just as you do, but I can't do that. What I can do is help you overcome this. Think of something else. It helps a lot. I will tell you that as I did that when I had my ADHD. It was not easy for me, especially when it comes to listening. It's hard, but I manage to make a routine and it worked. I overcome it, I know you will too. Mental health illnesses are indeed the most dangerous and hardest thing to overcome, but with enough courage and strength, you can overcome this. I know you can Lia. Depression is just pulling you down, but I won't let you get pulled down ever. I will always pull you up.", I paused.

 "How can you pull me up, when did inside, I feel like being trampled.", she said, sobbing on my shirt.

 "This song hit me good. My mom used to sing this to me when I am devastated.", I said and rubbed her back, clearing my throat. 

 " You are my sunshine.

 My only sunshine.

 You make me happy 

When skies are gray. 

You never know dear

 How much I love you. 

Please do not take my Lia away. 

 To all the chaos 

And all the sadness 

That life may go and throw at us.

 I know that you will 

Stand tall and face it.

 Cause you are the light in my darkest times.

 Sleep my angel.

 For I am here for you. 

Guiding and helping 

When you are lost.

 Close your eyes now. 

Dream something lovely.

 I am here to protect you...

 Always" 

 I sang soothingly as I felt her lean on me. My mom sang the song when I was feeling down and depressed when I was having a depressed state. She would hug me and sing it so soft and soothing that your problems would melt away with just how smooth her voice was.I layed the sleeping Lia on the bed as I layed back down with her. She looked so calm and beautiful. She is the light in my night. Losing her would cause me darkness. That I did not want, I knew now what I truly feel. 

She liked me, but.....

 I love her....

Thank you for reading! Also, thank you for 1,250 reads! I love you all and thank you for all the moral supports! Thank you and stay safe!