Prologue

Prologue

Gulf Antinous' Point of View

I smiled as I took out the last book from the box and placed it at my mini book shelf on my study table. Everything looks so organized.

When I first set foot inside this room, I told my self that I will keep it clean because I know that I will be staying here for the rest of the year.

I jumped on my small bed to take a rest and stared at the white ceiling above me. Unboxing my stuffs is really tiring and I'm not even halfway through! I need a snack!

I decided to switch to a sitting position as I reached for my backpack. I remembered that my mom, who I hate the most in this world, packed me some foods before I left the house earlier and travelled here to my new school.

I left the house for boarding school for two reasons. First, I got accepted into my dream school, which is the top school in the country. I have always dreamt of studying here. And I can't believe that I will now be living my dream. But there's a far heavier reason why I decided to move away from home and study in a far off place.

My dad is overseas, working to provide for our family. He's from the province of Masbate while my mom is from the province of Leyte. They met somewhere in Cebu but decided to live at my mom's after getting married.

I have a younger brother, Nathan, who is currently in senior high school. He's with my mom right now.

I am much closer to my dad compared to my mom. Because I hate her. Dad has been working abroad for the past eight years, and hasn't come home ever since, trying to provide for our family. Meanwhile, my mom probably thinks that I don't know that she's cheating on Dad. She used to be a housewife but she's a veterinarian by profession. And now that she's seeing another guy, she went back to practicing as a vet.

How could she do that to Dad? While he is away, probably missing us, she's having a good time with another man.

That is why I hate her and I don't really talk much with her even if she tries to be close to me. It's been five years since she began her affair. And I've just been bottling up my feelings, being considerate with my younger brother who probably has no idea about her affair.

I can't help but feel angry. Just thinking about her makes me upset. I couldn't live in the same house with her any longer. That is why I did my best to pass the admission test and move out of the house.

I took out the sandwich she prepared for me. I don't really want to eat it. But I'm so famished that I couldn't care anymore if my mom prepared it. I took a bite off the sandwich before turning to the pile of big boxes on the floor. I can't decide whether or not I should open them yet because my roommate, who isn't here, has not unboxed his stuffs himself. I'm afraid that I might consume all the space and nothing will be left for him if I take out all my stuffs.

I'm trying to be considerate. I don't want him to hate me and have a fight with him. Because as much as possible, I want to be friends with whoever he is. For we will spend the whole year together in this room.

Our room is small. There are two small beds. I have decided to occupy the bed on the right, leaving him the bed on the left.

A few bites from my sandwich and there was a knock on the door. I got to my feet and headed for it.

A pretty and fair girl was standing outside the door.

"Can I help you?" I gave her a friendly smile. Her face blushed, making her look even prettier.

"H-hi." she said shyly. "I was actually looking for Mew. I can't believe that his roommate is as hot as him."

My face heated at her compliment. Well, I'm used to being called hot, but I still feel shy every single time I hear it.