Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Kiss

I could not find the courage to face him. Somehow, his words were true that is why they put me to shame. I am ashamed of myself because of everything I did that made him feel bad. All these times, I thought I was the only one hurting. It turns out that we both were. I misjudged him. And I hurt him. I failed him twice. Each word he said pierced my heart.

It wasn't long until his hug loosened. A few seconds later, I can already hear his deep breaths. Maybe he's already asleep?

I tried my best not to move an inch, afraid that I might wake him.

I cannot think of any reason why he would be lying to me. He did not know that I was awake. And by the time he wakes up tomorrow, he would think that I am still angry with him, when in fact, his words have already melted my heart. I've been angry and distant with him in the past days, but with his words, my anger seem to have faded, like a bubble in a dessert.

When I was sure that he was already in deep sleep, I decided to face him. I sighed. "I'm so sorry, Hadrian. I'm sorry for making you feel bad. I'm sorry for hurting you."

Hadrian. I guess I'm back to calling him that.

I reached for his forehead and planted a soft kiss.

I like Hadrian so much. There is something about him that draws me to him. I always think of him, even when I'm in class. And I even dreamt of him! It's like he's infiltrated my system. It's like he's running in my veins. And I don't regret it.

Even when he was asleep, his eyebrows were furrowed, perhaps because of his frustration about me. I reached for his eyebrows and massaged them gently, wanting to put them back on their natural place.

A part of me wants to wake him up so we could talk about everything and clear whatever misunderstanding we have. But he's drunk and he needs to rest. So I guess we'll do it tomorrow.

He pulled me closer to him. I thought that he would wake up but he did not. I guess he did it unconsciously.

"We'll talk tomorrow, Hadrian. Tomorrow, we will start over."

---

When I woke up the next morning, Hadrian was no longer beside me. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and realized that it was already seven am. He's probably on his training. The first thing I did was open my Instagram app, planning to accept his follow request.

But before I could hit the accept button, I thought about the consequences.

Will people not suspect if Mew Hadrian will suddenly be following someone after years of not following anyone? Will they not put malice to it?

Well, we're roommates so I guess they wouldn't really care. Maybe they'll just think of us as super close roomies. Besides, there is nothing wrong with following your roommate online, right?

I hit the accept request button and immediately followed him back. I placed my phone on my bedside table and headed to the comfort room to take my bath.

My eyes widened when I saw Mew's boxers placed on top of the toilet. It's as if my hand had its own brain since it quickly picked it up. I bit my lower lip. There was a strong urge inside me and I could not control myself. My hand brought the boxer to my nose and sniffed it.

I crunched my nose when I found out that it did not smell bad. Thank God. It only smelled natural, manly really. What the hell am I doing and saying?

Before another idea comes into my head, I forced myself to the shower.

Since today is Wednesday, I only had physical education class. After eating my lunch at the cafeteria, I went to the publication office to hangout with the other staff writers.