Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Pizza

Since Hadrian was been the talk of the entire country in the last few days, I convinced him to unfollow me on Instagram since I didn't want to draw attention. The internet can be very investigative sometimes and I didn't want more haters. Hadrian didn't want to do it at first but when I told him it was for the best in order to keep speculations low, he agreed afterwards. He's been constantly posting updates on his social media. There was even one video of him he posted on his stories wherein he was crying out of pure joy because he got to meet his NBA idols. That's how happy he was with the opportunity.

It's been 5 days since I've started avoiding Hadrian. He's been messaging me nonstop, perhaps worried about me. All I could manage was reply to his texts with short messages. I didn't want to answer his calls. I just can't. I'm not ready to face him and talk to him about it.

Monday morning after Hannah's visit (Sunday evening in Texas):

The Great Hadrian: Wifey 😭

The Great Hadrian: I'm done with the first session of the tryout 😭

The Great Hadrian is calling...

I purposely missed the call even if I was staring directly at the screen. What does the emojis mean? Did he not make it? Or did something bad happen? As far as I know, the tryout is a week long.

But no matter how curious I was, I fought the urge to talk to him.

The Great Hadrian: You're probably still sleeping. I'm sorry. I was just excited to share with you what happened at the tryout. I guess I'll just have to call you back again when you wake up.

Excited? Thank God nothing bad happened.

The Great Hadrian: I miss you. I love you. See you soon.

Tuesday evening (Tuesday morning in Texas):

The Great Hadrian: Good morning, wifey! I just woke up. I know it's night time there. Have you eaten dinner?

Antinous: Yes.

The Great Hadrian: Can I call? We haven't had the chance to talk yesterday.

Antinous: I'm doing something right now.

The Great Hadrian: Please? Just a few minutes?

Antinous: I'm busy, Hadrian.

The Great Hadrian: :((((

The Great Hadrian: It's okay. I understand. I'll be heading to the tryouts again today for another session. Wish me luck. I need it from you :(

Antinous: Good luck!

The Great Hadrian: That's it? :(

The Great Hadrian: I love you, Antinous. I miss you so much. See you soon. Muah!

Wednesday evening (Wednesday morning in Texas):

The Great Hadrian: Good morning, my lovely Antinous. I miss you :(

The Great Hadrian is calling...

Missed call.

The Great Hadrian: I miss your voice. Can we talk?

Antinous: I can't right now. I'm busy.

The Great Hadrian: Okay. I miss you :(

The Great Hadrian: I love you, my Antinous.

Thursday evening (Thursday morning in Texas):

The Great Hadrian: Good morning babe.

The Great Hadrian: I miss you so damn much.