Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Antinous and Hadrian

There is a part of me saying that eating with my playboy roommate would be a bad thing to do. Everyone just notices him because he's so popular. And if it wasn't so obvious, he's the star player of the men's basketball team. And if it wasn't so obvious too, he likes getting all the attention.

But there is also a part of me saying that eating with him won't be a bad thing. We'll just grab some food. And perhaps it's the best opportunity to start a good relationship with him? And the perfect time to ask him about what he did earlier?

It took me a minute to think about my decision. He waited patiently, still with a smile on his face.

Is it just me or his smile is so irresistible? The type of smile that you can't say no to. How can someone hold such power?

"Fine. I'll wait for you 'til you finish."

"Yes!" He clenched his fist like he just won something. "I'll be quick." He once again did that salute thing, but this time, I was sure that it was for me.

Weird. But okay.

He jogged towards the benches to grab his duffel bag before proceeding to the locker room with his teammates. Meanwhile, I returned to the bleachers and took out my phone.

I noticed that my annoying mom sent me a text.

From do not respond. just ignore: Antinous, I transferred some money to your bank account. Eat something delicious for tonight.

I rolled my eyes after reading her message. Tsk. She's probably out with his boyfriend again grabbing something nice and her conscience kept bothering her, hence she sent the money.

I just hope she prepared Nathan's dinner before heading out.

After a few minutes, Mew was already jogging towards me. His hair was wet and he's now wearing a fresh blue shirt and shorts.

I quickly stood up. The smell of his manly perfume attacked my senses which made me conscious of how I smell.

Why does he smell so good? And why am I thinking about it?

He smiled at me. But I tried to maintain a straight face.

"I believe we haven't officially introduced ourselves, roomie. I'm Mew Hadrian." He offered his hand for a handshake.

I took a moment to stare at his extended hand that was hanging on the air.

"I'm Gulf Antinous." I reached for his hand and shook it firmly.

I felt waves of electricity travel throughout my body by the simple touching of our skins. I began to feel confused.

"Nice to meet you, Antinous." He gave me a playful smile.

Antinous? Nobody calls me that except my mom.

"Don't call me that." I gave him a warning look. "Just don't."

"Oh no, I will, Antinous. And I would prefer that you call me Hadrian." He winked at me which made my eyebrows furrow.

He really is a playboy who knows his ways.

"Whatever, Mew. Let's go cause I'm hungry."

Mew and I walked towards the not-so-crowded cafeteria, probably because it's still early. We were walking side by side. On his shoulders is his duffel bag.

"I've never seen you before so I'm guessing that you're a freshman?" he asked while we were walking down the covered walk.

"Yeah."