Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Sorry

I had a hard time figuring out who the guy was in front of me. I couldn't see clearly because of my tears.

No more batons were reaching my direction so I thought they ran out of them.

When I finally got the chance to wipe my tears away, it was only then was I able to recognize who it was.

Standing tall in front of me was Hughie.

He had this angry expression on his face, his lips pressed into a thin line, jaw clenched, eyebrows furrowed. His face was red.

In one swift move, he lifted me into the air and carried me into his arms, bridal style. I heard the people gasp in shock. I was also taken aback by his gesture but because of the overwhelming emotions I was feeling, I couldn't do anything but let him carry me down the bleachers and out of the auditorium. I tried to hide my face on his chest out of embarassment. Despite his red shirt separating my face from his bare chest, I could still feel the loud beating of his heart, almost as if it wanted to get out of his body.

I could tell that my nose is so red and I couldn't stop myself from sniffing. His arms felt so strong. Afraid that I might fell off, I tried my best to remain still.

I couldn't care if many people would see us. During that moment, I only wanted one thing. To be taken out of the audi. To be away from all those people. To be safe.

We were both silent and I had no idea where he was taking me. But when I noticed that we were walking along a familiar path, I immediately knew where we were headed. The men's dorm.

Before we could enter the building, I heard a familiar voice call me. "Antinous."

The voice was soft. I lifted my gaze and found out that it was no other than Hadrian. He was standing five meters away from us, confusion all over his face.

In that moment, I wanted so bad to cling unto his arms. I wanted him to get me from Hughie.

But when I realized that there were a lot of people in the hallway of the building, it wasn't long until I knew that it wouldn't be possible.

I felt a stinging pain attacking my chest. He can't do it publicly. Hughie walked past him and Hadrian didn't even stop us.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached his room and there he put me down on his bed. I sat on it and rested my back on the headboard.

Hughie stared at me for a few seconds, worry scattered across his face. His eyes, however, told me that he was angry. But I had no idea why.

He reached for my forehead and I quickly groaned in pain when he pressed his hand lightly.

"You're bleeding," he said before clenching his jaw. He turned his back and proceeded to his comfort room.

I touched the portion of my forehead that he pressed earlier and I felt the wetness due to the blood. My hands trembled at the sight of blood on my hand.

My eyes darted back to Hughie when he came out of the comfort room with cold compress on his hands and a bag which I could only think to be a first-aid kit. He unzipped it, took a cotton out of its container and put a little bit of alcohol on it.

"This will hurt," he said gently. The anger on his eyes which I saw earlier was now gone. All I could see through them right now was worry.

I nodded my head as a sign of approval. He brought the cotton ball to my forehead, lightly pressing it into my wound. I groaned in pain when I felt the sting.

My eyes widened when he began blowing on my wound gently. His breath smelled like fresh mint. He repeated the process, cleaning my wound with the cotton ball and then blowing on it afterwards.