Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Jealous

I had a hard time sleeping last night, thinking about everything between Mew and I. I just couldn't stop thinking about him, even if I kept telling myself not to because of everything that's going on.

The pain just wouldn't go away. One moment we were so happy. And now we have this cold war between us.

It seems to me that Mew doesn't care at all. And I also feel like he isn't that affected. He even slept at Arthur's room last night. He didn't care if it would confirm my hunches. Because after all, I was right.

It pains me to know that he doesn't care at all. He doesn't care if I'm hurting. But I guess this is all my fault. I knew he was a playboy. I knew that he couldn't be trusted. It's my fault for letting myself enjoy the free fall.

While I was staring at his empty bed while I lay on mine the following morning, I heard the door open. It was 9 in the morning. Mew came in, still wearing his practice jersey. His outfit was evidently wet from all the sweat but he still looks like he smells good. So he did not take a shower at the auditorium after their morming practice?

Our eyes locked for a moment before I looked away. I got up from my bed and proceeded to my study table. Silence filled the air. You could really feel the ongoing tension inside our room. But I shrugged it all away, determined to not think about him all day. He's keep me up all night. I can't spend my day still thinking about him. Tsk!

I took out my readings for my Math10 class. I thought we don't have Math subjects in Political Science. But I was wrong since this is a General Education subject. This sucks.

Because my back was against him, I couldn't see what he was doing. I heard his drawer open but he closed it back immediately. I could hear movements from his side of the room. My curiosity took over my body so I angled my face to a point where I could see him. My peripheral vision tells me that he's now fixing his bed. Afterwards, he picked up his towel, removed his clothes, and wrapped his towel around his waist. He was now half-naked, meters away from me.

He glanced at my direction so I slightly panicked. I quickly directed my eyes on the paper I was reading and pretened to highlight some words. Why the hell am I watching him? I'm supposed to be angry!

Mew proceeded to the bathroom silently. I heard him turn the shower on.

I could not concentrate on what I was reading.

After a few minutes, he stepped out of the bathroom, still his towel wrapped around his waist. I can see the v-line just above the piece of cloth. His still wet abs and chest did not escape my eyes. The smell of his aftershave attacked my nose. He smells so damn good!

My gaze lifted to his face and I saw him watching me.

I blushed out of embarrassment. Shit! Did he see me checking him out?

Damn you, Gulf Antinous! You're supposed to be ignoring him!

Afraid that he'd call me out, I tried my best to focus on what I was reading. He changed into clean clothes before he sat on his bed. He took out his phone.

It was my time to take a bath. It's already 9:30 and my first class is at 10 am. I got up from my chair to pick up my towel. I placed it on top of my shoulder and proceeded to the bathroom.

I spent at least 15 minutes in the shower. I cursed when I realized I forgot to bring fresh clothes. Fuck! I had no choice but to use my towel to cover my body before I stepped out of the bathroom.

I frowned when I noticed Mew lying on my bed. His head was faced down on my pillow. Is this some kind of joke?

"Get out of my bed," I said coldly. I went to my drawer and pulled out my sweatpants and a red shirt. One thing abour our school is that we don't have to wear uniforms.