Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Boxer and Towel

Everything seemed normal the following day. Mew was not on his bed anymore when I woke up, probably at his basketball practice already.

I noticed that he already unboxed his things and the boxes which contained them were now gone. Hung on the wall at his side of the room was a basketball jersey shirt inside a frame that had the surname Curry on its back which contained a signature. Beside it was another frame with his picture with another guy which I'm guessing is his bestfriend. They were both wearing prom attires so I guess it was during their prom night. Mew's bed was nicely fixed with his blanket folded and was placed on top of his pillow that had a sky blue cover, the same design as his sheets and blanket.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. It was already 8 in the morning. That explains how Mew managed to take all his things out. I overslept. I reached for the remote control for the air conditioner.

I'm feeling much better now that the rashes are gone. My body temperature is also back to normal.

After taking a bath and changing into new clothes, I headed to the publication office for our first meeting. The meeting lasted for almost three hours since we discussed our plans for the whole school year. I made friends with my co writers especially the freshies. But there was this one girl who was so determined to be friends with me.

"Hey, Gulf. I'm Anais. We met yesterday." the fair-skinned and beautiful girl approached me after the meeting.

"Yeah. I remember." I gave her a smile. She was standing in front of me in her red dress.

"I'm hungry. Should we grab lunch together?" she winked.

"Sounds good. Let's go." I replied as I stood up from my chair and headed towards the door. We walked together side by side to the cafeteria.

"I'm a second year journalism major," says Anais. "You're a PolSci major right?"

"Yes."

"Why did you choose PolSci then?"

"Well, apart from being interested in foreign affairs, I also am passionate about studying the way our government works in order to help the country someday."

"I see. You're a man of principles. Definitely my type." she giggled.

I smiled shyly.

"You're single, right?" she asked.

"One hundred percent."

Well, I'm just not really into being in a relationship right now. I want to focus on my goal of getting a degree. But when the right one comes, then why not?

As long as that someone would be an inspiration and not a distraction.

"Nice."

We arrived at the crowded cafeteria since it's already lunch. Anais and I are not drenched in sweat since we walked through the covered walk. If we did not, we'd both be very sweaty right now because of the scorching heat of the sun.

I let her fall in line first. When we both got our meals, we looked for a vacant table where we can eat.

"Why did you not choose the steak and chose fried chicken instead?" Anais asked curiously after we both placed our plates on the table. She has a point though. The steak which she ordered looked so delicious. But sadly, I was craving more for fried chicken and gravy.

Anais was seated in front of me.

"Was in the mood for fried chicken." I shrugged my shoulder.

"The steak here is the best!"