Chapter 10

Chapter dedicated to cvrxtl. Thank you for all the comments ❤

Chapter 10: Lucky

After that intense moment with Mew, I immediately left for the airport using a taxi. A part of me regrets what I did. Maybe I was too harsh to push him too? I did not give him a chance to explain. What if his reason is valid? Well, what could be a valid reason anyway? He pushed me. And that was it.

Maybe this is for the best? Maybe we should just stick to being roommates. After all, I'm not even sure if he was telling the truth when he told me that he likes me. Who knows if he was just trying to me mess with my feelings. I shouldn't be too worried about him. I should be worried about myself. So yeah. Maybe this is for the best. I need to keep my distance as early as now. What I feel for him is still not deep. I guess I should stop now to save myself from being broken in the future.

The rumbling sound of the engine filled the air. Our plane has just landed at the regional airport after a 45-minute ride from the country's capital. During the whole travel, I only thought about everything between Mew and I. And with that much time to think, I have come to a final decision that beginning next week, I will avoid him and stay away from him.

I went out of the plane with just my satchel with me. There was no need to bring a few clothes since I have many of them at home. Our house is thirty minutes away from the airport and I only need to ride a bus. It won't be wise to hire a taxi since its expensive and I know the way very well so I won't get lost. This is my birthplace and I've lived here all my life. Unlike in Manila where I still feel like a stranger and don't know much about the area.

To be honest, I feel indifferent about coming home. On one hand, I want to see my brother since I miss him so much. But on the other, I don't want to see my mother. Everytime I remember her having an affair makes my blood boil. I'm not sure if Dad knows about it and I just hope he doesn't. The least I want is to get his heart broken. He's trying his best to provide for our family while being away from us so I know it's already very hard for him. I'm guessing Mom started practicing her profession again because she doesn't want to continue depending on Dad now that she's seeing someone else. I guess it helps her sleep at night. Tss. I can't imagine how Dad would feel if he finds out about the truth. I erased that thought in order to not ruin my day.

Nathan was standing outside our gate when I arrived at our house. I've only been away for a week but it seems to me that he missed me so much. He jumped in joy and gave me a hug the moment I stepped out of the bus. He hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe.

"Kuya! You're still so ugly!" Nathan teased as he broke away from the hug.

"And you still stink!" I replied. We both laughed. It was a joke. Nathan is probably the cleanest guy when it comes to hygiene. I remember that Mom used to complain about him finishing a bottle of liquid soap for only a week. There was even this one time when he used all the disinfectant spray for his room when I accidentally sneezed. I know. He overreacts.

"How is your new school?" he asked as we walked towards the house together.

"It's wonderful. We had our sem starter party yesterday. I can already tell that we'll be having a lot of parties."

"So there are a lot of cute and hot girls?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"You don't seem excited about it though. You haven't found someone else to prey on?" he smirked.

"I did not go to uni to find some cute girls, Nathan!"

"Chill. I was just wondering. Last week you were so excited to meet them. Now you seem to have changed your mind. Maybe you like boys now?" he joked.