Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Locker Room

When I got back to my room, Hadrian was already lying on my bed as he faced the opposite side that is why I could not see his face. I did not want to make a big deal out of his harsh reaction to me earlier because I'm positive he was only carried away by his emotions. I understand that it left him scared.

I decided to lay by his side and hug him from behind. His body stiffened as a reaction.

"Everything will be alright. We'll get through this together, okay?" I assured him.

Silence.

"Hey," I called him. "You don't need to worry. We can stay lowkey for a while until everything settles down. I have my full confidence on our relationship."

I felt him reach for my hands that were resting on his abs. The fabric of his shirt felt offensive to my skin. But then, it wasn't the time for my earthly needs.

He turned to face me, making sure that our eyes locked. As we both drowned ourselves in the beauty of each other's faces, he cupped my face gently. The small light from my lampshade made it possible for us to still see our faces.

"You're right. We'll do this together," he put on half a smile.

I pinched his cheek before I decided to kiss the tip of his nose. "Uhuh. At a time like this, we'll be each other's strength."

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he whispered.

"And I don't know what I'd do without you too."

"I'm sorry about my reaction earlier."

"No biggie. I understand."

So much for a long day. I wouldn't mind having to go through it all as long as I get to lay in bed next to him at the end of it. Hadrian had the power to make things better.

There was another moment of silence between us. His fingers traced my jaw as his eyes watched my face closely.

I scrunched my nose. "What are you thinking?" I asked him.

"His faze drifted back into my eyes. "Our future together."

"So you're thinking about our future already?" The side of my lips rose.

He nodded without removing his eyes from me. "Yeah. In time, we'd announce our love to the world. Then we'll get married and have our own kids. Or do you want pets instead? Wait, where do you want us to get married?"

"What makes you think I'll marry you?" I joked.

His eyes narrowed and his lips formed into a thin line, clearly not amused of what I just said. He turned to face the ceiling above us which gave me a view of his side profile. He placed one hand below his head. I moved closer to him and traced his nose.

"You don't want to marry me?" he asked, his voice evidently sulking.

I patted his chest gently. "I was kidding. Of course I want to marry you."

He glanced at me for a while before turning his attention back to the ceiling. Meanwhile, I continued to watch him in amusement.

"I thought so. Because I can't picture myself marrying someone else. And I wouldn't let you get away from me," he said seriously.

The corner of my lips rose to form a smile. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach going wild.

"Hmm, so do you want kids or would you rather us have pets?" he asked.

"We can have both. Maybe pets first then kids next. I always dreamt of having my own daughter. Maybe we can adopt one."

"Yeah. I like the idea. We'll do that soon. I also want a son though. Do you think it would be best if we adopt a boy first then a girl next so that he can protect his younger sister?"