Comfort and Confessions

Third Person POV:

Juleka sat on the bed and stared at her phone. She wasn't expecting Luka to fly all the way out here. She thought he'd send Marinette a text or give her a call. She was worried about how the group would react.

"Rose.." Juleka mumbled.

"Yes, Juleka?" Rose answered, changing out of her club outfit.

"I texted Luka about Mari and the man from the club.." she said, looking down at the floor.

Rose paused and stared at Juleka blankly.

"Look at what he said.." Juleka continued, handing the phone to Rose.

Rose read the conversation and she smiled.

"Wow.. Luka really does love Marinette! He would fly all the way to Hawaii just to make sure that she was okay.." Rose restated, holding her hand to her heart.

Juleka frowned.

"I don't know how Marinette is going to react.. what if she gets mad at me for telling him?" She groaned placing her head in her hands.

Rose let out a small sigh and sat next to Juleka on the bed.

"Maybe you shouldn't tell her.. and just let Luka surprise her. She's going through a lot right now, and giving her news that could go right or wrong is a risk you might not want to take." Rose suggested placing an arm around Juleka.

"Maybe you're right." Juleka sighed.

The two girls started to get ready for bed.

(In Adrien and Marinette's Bedroom)

Alya and Chloe walked Marinette to her room. They got out some clothes for her to sleep in, and helped her get undressed.

Marinette was frozen. She couldn't believe what she just witnessed. On top of it all, she was still a little drunk. So that wasn't helping either..

As Chloe helped Marinette get out of her top, she started to mumble.

"Where's.. A-Adrien..?" she stuttered.

Chloe looked to Alya who shrugged and continued getting the clothes.

"He's with Nino, Mari." Chloe answered anxiously.

Marinette just sat there. Her eyes felt heavy from crying, and her arms were limp.

After she was dressed the girls all heard a knock at the bedroom door.

Alya walked over to open it.

It was Adrien, teary eyed, with blood on his shirt and knuckles.

Alya looked him up and down and pulled him into a hug.

Chloe stayed by Mari's side.

"I-I need to wash my hands.. an- and change my shirt.." he stammered with short breaths in between his words.

Alya let go from the hug and let Adrien pass through.

"I'll be back Marinette, I need to change out of these clothes." Chloe murmered while walking out of the bedroom.

"I'll come back to check on you girl. Text me if you need anything, I'm right across the hall." Alya reminded, following behind Chloe.

The room went silent.

Marinette watched Adrien clean himself up from the bed. She started tear up.

Adrien heard her sniffling from the bathroom and walked over to see what was wrong.

Marinette looked up at Adrien and saw the sorrow in his eyes. He cupped her cheek in his hand.

 He cupped her cheek in his hand

"I'm so sorry, Marinette.. I- I don't know what came over me.." He whispered as his voice started to break.

Marinette didn't say anything. She just kept eye contact with him and held his other hand.

"I never.. want to see anyone touch you like that again.." Adrien quivered as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Marinette gently wiped the tear with her thumb, and took a faint breath.

"I should've never left your side... this all happened because of me, and I'm sorry." He whimpered, resting his head against Marinette's.

She took a deep breath and cupped his face in her hands.

"It's not your fault, Adrien.. It's no ones. Thi- Things happen... just please don't blame yourself.." Marinette assured him with a slight smile.

They both took as second to look in each other's eyes.

"You're the one who saved me tonight.." She said while kissing the tip of his nose.

He pulled her into a hug and held on until he felt like he needed to let go.

"I'll always be there to save you, Marinette." He whispered in her ear.

Who remembers that reference😏

Hehehehehehe