Sixteen

The doors of the gym flew open as a heated Blonde followed by another Blonde who kept her head down as she walked diagonal to Rebekah, scared to do anything that would set her off. "Where is it?!" Rebekah yelled angrily, "where's my necklace?" she walked in quick strides which made it awkward for Lori to followed though she did her best.

"What are you talking about?" Klaus asked irritated to be interrupted, "she has my necklace" Rebekah said while walking to Klaus's left while Lori paused at his right. She kept her eyes focusing on anything but the dead bodies of the ground, she tried to ignore the metallic horrid smell of blood that was slowly smelling more, and more. "Look" Rebekah brought the phone up to Klaus before he took it zooming into the image Rebekah was showing him, just as she said the necklace laid on Elena's neck in the picture of her and Stefan.

"Well, we'll. More lies" Klaus said with his usual smirk plastered on his face, the tension in the room grew as Lori shifted uncomfortably tightening her hands in fists. "Where. Is. It?" Rebekah asked Elena "i don't have it anymore" this only made a Rebekah rage further. "You're lying!" she yelled, Rebekahs fangs came out as she sped towards Elena sinking her fangs into her neck as Elena gave a shriek.

Immediately Lori felt sick as the horrid smell intensified and she was once again over come with the woozy familiar feeling. Klaus walked forward pulling Rebekah off Elena while at the same time Lori brought a hand up "motus" Elena fell with a thud while Klaus lectured Rebekah. "Knock it off" he said shaking her shoulders slightly, Lori didn't think twice before she turned running out the gym double doors and into the nearest bathrooms.

Caroline watching from afar slowly got up following Lori into the bathrooms, when she walked in she found Lori in the first stall wiping the corner of her mouth with the back of her hand as the toilet finished flushing. "And here i thought you'd be used to this by now, you know being Klaus's lap dog and all" Caroling said crossing her arms. Lori looked up at her before getting up and heading to the sink, she washed her hands quickly wanting to get out of here. "What you're not going to say anything or does Klaus not allow you to" Caroline tried again.

When Lori didn't answer Caroline scoffed, "you're pathetic, you can't even own up to your own actions" Caroline said. Lori ripped a piece of paper towel wiping her hands, "was your sister like that too, i guess that's what got her killed" by now tears where clouding Lori's eyes. She felt a wave of sadness wash over her, "if she's anything like you she probably deserved it" that was the last straw. Lori whipped around bringing her hand up causing Caroline to stiffen, "everything i have ever done was to survive, all the running the deals EVERYTHING. I have lived my whole life in fear pushing everyone away in thought that being to close to me might hurt them" with every word Lori's hand tightened tight and tighter into a fist causing Caroline to turn red from the loss of oxygen.

"I would do anything to protect those i love, including giving up my life. Unless you'd do the same i don't want to hear anything from you" Lori muttered bitterly, she released her hand causing Caroline to regain her breathes in gulps and coughs. Lori watched for a second before turning and swiftly walking away trying to get as far away from Caroline as possible. She had just made herself look like a fool, she shouldn't have caved but Caroline talking about Lexi angered her to another level.

It was true she'd give her life to save the people she loved, she just wished she'd realize that sooner now it seemed to late.

~~~

After finding out Elena's blood was the cure to create more hybrids and Damon let the cat out of the bag that Mikael was now on the loose Klaus did the only other thing he did best, he ran. "Are we really doing this" Lori asked as she picked up her duffel bag which contained most of her clothes.

Klaus sighed rubbing his temples "if Mikael really is out there the first place he's going to come to is here" Klaus explained taking the duffel bag from Lori and throwing it over his shoulder. "And that's why we're leaving Rebekah here?" Lori asked, "Rebekah can take care of herself, now come on we have places to be" Klaus responded gesturing to his arm. Lori sighed walking forward and under Klaus's arm as he wrapped it around her.

They walked out, Lori having the urge to look back but couldn't, so she just followed Klaus steps.