Twenty Two

As the evening progressed the deals started to pile on the table, Damon walked out "i need to get some air" he called. "Let me deal with this" Elijah said getting up from his seat, Lori took her napkin taking her time in folding it and unfolding it while her nostrils clouded with the smell of blood.

She took her mind of it as she hummed attempting to think of anything that wasn't the horrid smell of blood. She ignored when Klaus let the girls body fall and even managed to muffle Stefan and Klaus's conversation. "Well i guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus is to drive a wedge between me and my brother" Stefan said as he got up from his seat walking forward.

Lori's head shot up as she kept a watchful eye on him, "oh no your doing that well enough on your own, because of Elena your going to lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame" Klaus said. "What do you say Klaus?" Damon said as he walked back in. "It's time for you to put something on the table" Damon continued as Elijah strolled in, "we've made our offer, now you counter" Damon said.

"Okay, i offer Elena's future happiness, you see what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot and to fall in love with a human" Klaus began once he took his seat back down next to Lori. "Maybe that nice football player, you know the blonde one" Klaus said "Matt Donovan,  really?" Damon asked. Lori looked back down wanting this stupid dinner to be over already, she wanted to take these stupid heels off and go lay in her very comfortable king sized bed.

Lori's head did shoot up when Klaus was holding Stefan's hand over the fire burning him as Stefan yelled in pain. Lori watched eyes big as she turned to Damon "now bring me my coffin, before i burn him alive" Klaus said smiling. Lori still sat down in her chair waiting for everything to go down, "i'll get it" Damon muttered. "Go with him brother" Klaus turned to Elijah "you keep him honest when you return i will make good on my promise" Elijah paused looking at Klaus before he turned walking after Damon.

Lori stood observing the mantle over the fire as Klaus and Stefan once more, Lori's ears perked when she heard Elijah once more. "Well where are your manners brother?" he asked "you forgot dessert" he said as he pulled a cover of a tray which held 2 silver daggers. Lori starred for a moment before looking back up, "what have you done" Klaus immediately went into a panic. "What have you done? See i've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus" Elijah said.

Lori was waiting for the other shoe to drop, "we're going this on my terms now" Elijah continued. Lori watched as another person walked in, immediately Klaus cowered back in fear. "Kol" Klaus warned, "along time" Kol responded Klaus tried to speed away but another vampire was quicker. "Finn don't" Klaus called as Finn stuck the dagger in his hand, Lori immediately jumped up though another person zoomed in. "Rebekah" Klaus said, she too stabbed him with a dagger "this is for our mother" she whispered.

Lori quickly brought her hand up causing Klaus to slide back towards her like a magnet, Kol came forward to try and grab Klaus but Lori got in front of him. "Nothing personal" she muttered "motus" Kol was thrown back before landing on his feet. Rebekah tried to walk forward but Lori clentched her fist as an invisible force field appeared around them. If it weren't for the orange crackles it'd be invisible, Lori looked around her breathing getting heavy as she was using up her energy.

"Lori don't protect him" Rebekah called as she looked slightly hurt, Lori couldnt meet her eyes as she pulled the dagger out of Klaus before throwing it onto the floor with a clatter. "Lori its okay" Klaus breathed as she helped him up, Lori sighed as the force field fell. Lori helped Klaus to the table a she finished healing, "i like what you've done with the place Nick" Rebekah said taking a case and throwing it at a painting.

"I wanted this to be for all of us" Klaus said solemnly, "a place we could call home" Lori felt a tinge of pain for Klaus. "None of us would ever have to be alone" Klaus said, Lori brought her hand up rubbing Klaus's shoulder. "Oh you're right non of us will be" Elijah said walking past Klaus, "your staying behind" Finn said walking behind Elijah.

"We're leaving you Nick" Rebekah said, "right after i kill that doppelgänger wrench" Rebekah spat, Lori definitely missed her. "You run, i will hunt all of you down" Klaus said, Lori turned standing next to Klaus. In front of the Mikaelsons she now felt vulnerable, "and then you'll become everything you hate" Elijah said stepping forward. "Our father" he said, "i'm the hybrid, i can't be killed i have nothing to fear from any of you" Klaus yelled.

"You will when we have that coffin" Elijah said, the two siblings where having a stare off as Lori shifted uncomfortably. Everyone turned to the door when they heard it creak open, "Mother" Rebekah said shocked as everyone else too seemed frozen. Even Lori didn't know what to do, Esther turned to Lori "you can go" she said. "She's family" Klaus whispered, Lori turned to Klaus giving him a soft smile "it's okay" she whispered.

The smile left her lips the minute she walked out of the room, as soon as she got to her room she felt hot. She quickly ripped off her dress and jewelry along with her shoes before running a bath.