Twenty One

"You look surprised to see me, i guess it wasn't you who removed the dagger from my heart" Elijah said as he wiped his hands of the blood. "You look like you could do with a drink" Klaus responded dryly, he turned to Lori who stood stiff unsure of what to do.

"Leave us" he said gesturing to the stairs, Lori abided turning and walking away. She didn't get to the top stair when she heard Elijah and Klaus fighting, deciding to let them handle it she quickened her steps going to her newly finished room. She opened the door before closing it behind her, she breathed still being able to here the muffled sound of glass breaking.

She felt her blood pumping in her ears as she was sent into a panic, she tried to convince herself Klaus could take care of himself perfectly fine. She paced around her room before ultimately giving up "tacita locus" Lori said as she waved her to finger in the air. The room was quickly brought to peace, she sighed before turning to her bookshelf to look for something to distract her.

She decided on a spell book she had gotten from an old witch friend she had, she carried it to the bed opening it up before beginning to read "Chapter 12: Energy Manipulation and Manifestation". She only finished 3 chapters before she got tired eventually falling asleep, only waking up in the middle of the night to change into a large oversized shirt before going back to sleep.

~~~

"Why are we doing this again?" Lori asked smoothing her dress down, she sighed looking back up. Klaus had compelled a hairstylist to do her hair since Lori was pretty much hopeless at doing her own, it was done in curls in a half up half down along with a gold and white hairpiece.

"Elijah has scheduled a sit down with the Salvador brothers in order to get the other coffin back, love" Klaus spoke as he fixed his dress jacket, Lori huffed turning around and walking to her jewelry box. Klaus had came to Lori's room asking for an opinion on his outfit, Lori took out a couple bracelets along with a necklace and earrings.

After fixing her jewelry she walked next to Klaus standing up straight next to him, Klaus smirked before turning to her "i do believe we have a dinner to attend" Klaus said offering his arm. Lori hooked hers with his as Klaus turned leading them out of her room and towards the stairs. Lori could feel the nerves, Klaus may be indestructible but Lori wasn't. If she let her gut falter she could be killed for revenge, she knew what she signed up for.

They walked down the staircase before Klaus led the to the door where Elijah stood "Niklaus, our guest have arrived" Elijah announced once's Klaus and Lori walked in. "Damon, Stefan" Klaus greeted as Lori gave them a bitter smile, "Elijah tells me you seek an audience" he continues as he leads Lori to the table. "Very bold" Klaus mutters which made Lori suppress a laugh, he pulled the chair back for Lori before she sat down.

"Let's discuss the terms of our agreement, like civilized men shall we" Klaus said gesturing to the table of food, "It's better to indulge him" Elijah muttered walking past the Salvatores and towards Klaus. "I didn't come here to eat Klaus, in fact i didn't want to come at all but it was told i had to" Stefan said while walking forward. Klaus didn't react only giving his fake smile, "well we can sit and eat or i reach down your throats and pull out you're insides, choice is yours" Klaus said while taking a seat next to Lori.

The Salvatore brothers eventually took their seats at the table as the "maids" poured wine. Lori smiled at the girl who poured her glass before she brought the cup up taking a small sip. "You lost your appetite" Klaus said amused, "eat i thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home" Damon turned to Stefan.

"That's the spirit" Klaus said when Stefan finally picked up his fork, Lori wasn't to hungry so she only had a few bites before she was full and decided on sipping her wine instead. "Isn't this nice the four of us dining together, such a treat" Klaus said smiling around, "is this what you had in mind when you had pulled the dagger out of my brother?" Klaus asked. Even as no one talked Lori could feel the tension rising, "well i know what he felt about you so i figured the more the merrier" Damon replied.

"Well Elijah and i have had our share of quarrels over the centuries but we always make it through" Klaus replied turning to Elijah. "Kind of like you and Rebekah, right?" Stefan asked in spite, "where is she by the way last time i checked still daggered because you were afraid to face her" Lori tightened her grip on her glass as she took another sip before putting it down.

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows i killed our mother, i've already come clean to Elijah" Klaus responded amused at Stefan's attempt to rile him up. "Hey Stef, remember when you killed dad?" Damon asked turning the attention to Stefan, "might want to dial down the judgement till dessert" Damon replied with a fake smile.

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we have to kiss his ass for seven courses" Lori snorted as she brought a hand covering her mouth as Klaus also tried to his a smile. "I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us, pace yourself" Damon said turning back to his food.

"Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight" Elijah asked "i don't know ask Damon" Lori stared confused before putting the pieces together. Klaus laughed before Lori too let out a small giggle, "i'm sorry you've missed so much" Klaus said in between laughter. "Trouble in paradise" Klaus responded to Elijah when he too was confused, "one more word about Elena and this dinner is over" Stefan said calmly.

"You know what it's probably best to just keep Elena in the do not discuss pile" Damon said. "You're probably right" Klaus said going back to his food slightly amused, "yeah" Damon replied. "It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, is still so strong why do you say brother" Klaus turned to Elijah, "should we tell them about Tatia" Klaus asked.

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved" Elijah replied, "well given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, i think our guest might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line" Klaus explained. "Well we're not going anywhere Elijah, please" Damon said, "do tell" he said picking up his wine glass.