Twenty Nine

Lori followed the path to the old witches house Klaus has talked about before, she froze when she heard other footsteps. "Lori?" she turned around shocked to see Kol along with Elijah and Klaus, Lori ran to Kol hugging him "i- Rebekah started desiccating and i got worried" Lori ramble with tears pooling in her eyes as she hugged Klaus then finally Elijah. "We're fine, Love" Kol said rubbing Lori's arm, "we have to stop my mother's crazy plan, you in?" Klaus asked.

Lori smiled "all in" Klaus nodded before they began to walk again, Lori at Kol's arm. It didn't take long before they arrived and Lori immediately noticed the pentagram and the 5 flames, "my sons, come forward" Esther said. "Stay beside me" Finn said protecting his mother, "it's okay, they can't enter" Esther walked forward holding Finn's hand.

Elijah tried to walk forward but the flames grew higher, "that's lovely" Kol said smiling. "We're stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb, how pathetic you are Finn" Lori brought her hand up to Kol's arm calming him. "Be quiet Kol, your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine" Esther said, Kol tightened his grip on Lori.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity" Elijah spoke up, "my only regret is that i did not let you die a thousand years ago" Esther said calmly. "Enough all this talk is boring me, end this now Mother or Lori will have to do something" Klaus called, "what is a 17 year old teen witch going to do?" Esther asked turning her attention towards the blonde.

Lori sighed letting go of Kol, she took slow steps forward, "i secretly like when people think so little of me" she said pausing in front of the dome. "It makes it that much better when i prove them wrong" she finished as she brought her hand up. At an instant it began to grow red as she sucked all the magic from the spell, she could tell it was powerful but she could do it. Something failed because the spirits began to leave, "sisters do not abandon me" the flames rose high.

"Vis ager" Lori made a large force field appear trying to usher the flames, when the flames finally calmed down Esther and Finn were no longer there.

-

Lori sat on her bed thinking of everything that had gone down that day, it was almost to much to handle. There was a light knock at the door before it creaked open, Lori looked up realizing it was Kol. "Hey" she said softly as he walked over, he sighed sitting next to her. She turned to him as he looked deep in thought, she raised her hand bringing it to his.

That seemed to snap him out of thought as he took her hand in his, "what's wrong" Lori asked as she scooted closer. Kol looked up meeting his eyes, he brought his hand up to her face. Normally eye contact was something Lori could not do, but somehow this felt right.

She hadn't realized how close he was till his breath was fanning her lip, she could smell the alcohol meaning he had been drinking. Lori fluttered her eyes closed as Kol leaned in finally sealing their lips, it was a slow kiss but definitely said a lot. He leaned back, "come with me" Kol said more as a plead.

Lori sighed before looking down thinking, "i made a deal with Klaus, Kol protection for help" she finally looked up. "I can protect you" he said taking both of her hands in his, "or die trying" Kol added. Lori's eyes softened "you would do that?" Kol didn't hesitate when giving a firm nod. Lori sighed looking back down at their hands, "okay" she said quietly. She looked up smiling "okay" she repeated more loudly. Kol smiled before quickly bringing her in for a hug, they stayed like that for a while before deciding to get packing so they could leave as soon as possible.

-

Kol and Lori drove down the ride in a bright red convertible with the top down as the air blew in their faces, they decided they didn't on a get away trip to italy. Lori couldnt deny she was nervous, she'd be alone with Kol for who knows how long. She also couldn't deny how she felt with him and that scared her, Kol was experienced with girls. Lori had never been with anyone before, she was certain though she wanted to be with Kol no matter the cost.

The duo finally pulled into a hotel in North Carolina where soon they'd be taking a flight to Italy, Lori was beyond excited to see different places and how they were now. Kol parked the car while Lori took her duffel bag swinging it on her shoulder, they both walked into the lobby checking in before heading to their room.

The hotel was actually pretty good quality so that was a plus, Lori and Kol walked side by side till they got to their room. She immediately realized there was only one bed which made her panic even more, she walked over dropping her bag before digging for clothes to put on. "Are you okay, you've been quiet" Kol asked coming to sit on the bed next to her, Lori smiled looking up at him. "I'm fine" she paused looking down nervously, "just a little scared" she said more quietly.

Kol patted the seat next to him and Lori sighed sitting down, on instinct Kol wrapped his arm around her. "What's wrong" he said quietly, "me- it's just" she paused taking a deep breath and leaning into Kol. "I've never had anything like this and i don't want to ruin it" she said staring forward.

"Hey" Kol whispered leaning away so he could see her eyes, "Alora Branson, i love you and there's no doubt about that, we can take this slow- or fast if that's what you want" he smiled. Though Lori was still hung up on the fact he said he loved her, she smiled leaning in to give him a short kiss before pulling back.