Annoyence

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
It had been a couple of weeks where I told everyone that my brothers, especially Tommy, are going to step down to the title of an under-boss. They still where free to do stuff but only if agreed on it.

I walked into the bettingshop. I stopped and observed the customers lay their bets and the blinders writing everything down or making phone calls. After a couple seconds I went to my office. I walked inside and pulled my coat off and threw it onto my desk, before sitting down on my chair. I let out a heavy sigh as I saw the big pile of paper. After all I am the one who produces the financial reports, direct investment activities, and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of our company. I grabbed the first file and started working. After I was halfway done with the paper work, I heard a knock on my door. I ignored it at first hand so I could finish my paperwork. I wrote down my signature and then called for the person at the door to come in. The door opened and I looked up to see John and Arthur. I sat back into my chair and looked up at them. I saw them shift with nerves and they gave eachother a quick look. "Go on then, I dont have all day" I told them waving my hand telling them to speak. "Poll told us to speak to you" Arthur said not meeting my eyes, "about?". "The men we are supposed to meet this afternoon" Arthur stopped to think about his words. "Yeah uhm. They. Eh.. canceled the meeting". I tilted my head to the side "they did what?" I asked with a low voice. "They canceled" John responded. "Then make them meet you" I tell them with a harsh tone, "its not that simple, Georgie" Arthur replied back stepping forward but I quickly cut him off "quiet!". He immedialty stopped and looked down. "You will go there and you will force them to have the meeting that they specifically asked for. And if you dont I'll personally rip you two to pieces and throw you into the cut myself!" I snarled into their face. Silence filled the room before I told them to leave. "Georgie, you really have to listen-", "Leave" I ordered my brothers and they both let out an angry sigh before leaving my office. Slamming my door behind them making the glass in the oak door shake. I leaned down on my desk and growled in annoyence. These fucking people always wasting my time. I grabbed the glass that was on my desk and took a drink from it. I once again heard my door open, but this time there hadn't been a knock. "Now what" I snapped and looked up. Only to change my attitude immediatly at seeing aunt Polly's death glare. "You should really start listening to your brothers" she said to me. I rolled my eyes "only if they do it first" I whispered underneath my breath, "I beg your pardon?" Polly asked and raised an eyebrow at me. I knew that she had heard me and she just gave me an opportunity not to act like a 3 year old child. I shook my head annoyed but then calmed myself down as I took my seat. "If you have something to tell me. Then tell me instead of wasting both of our time" I told her, mind you I said the last part softer. "I came here to tell you what your brothers failed to tell you" Pol said and sat down on the chair in front of me. "The men they are supposed to meet this afternoon. They asked to speak to the boss too" she explained, "fine. I'll go with them" I said standing up, "Georgie. They still think Tommy is the leader. They might not want to talk to you". I looked at her and showed a smirk "dont worry. I'll make them talk" I said putting my coat on, "that's my girl" I heard her say just as I walked out the office.

Published: 4th of june 2021