Reception

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
I was standing by the table where some drink were served for Tommy's and Grace's wedding. I was still not happy that he decided to marry her. But he wasn't listening to anything I had told him about Grace. About her being an agent of the crown, stabbing us in the back and betrayel. "Are you enjoying the wedding, Georgie?" Polly questioned me as she stepped beside me, "I want to stab every single one of these red coats" I told her in a whisper. The Cavalry was silently making fun of our family. Trying to belittle us. I had thought that she would laugh at my joke but instead her face fell into anger. "You could atleast try to be happy for your brother's sake. Especially what kind of stunt you pulled today" she snapped at me before walking away with dissapointment. I raised an eyebrow in disbelief, not understanding what she meant. I'm here aren't I? What more did she want from me. The feeling of being scolded annoyed me and I bit the inside of my cheek and had to contain myself not to throw the glass to a nearby wall. I turned on my heel. I needed to find Thomas to have a word with him. Maybe he knew why Polly was angry at me. I walked into the kitchen to see all of the men in our family and close friends there. Tommy, of course, being in the centre. "Right, boys, you're all here" Tommy began. But stopped for a moment to cast an angry look my way. Why is everyone so pissed this day, shouldn't weddings be a happy occassion? "Today, is my fucking wedding day". "Yeah, and you said there'd be no bloody uniforms" John commented, "nevertheless... nevertheless, John... despite the bad blood, I'll have none of it on my carpet. Now for Grace's sake, nothing will go wrong". He once again looked specifically at me with the last sentence. "Those bastards out there are her family. And if you fuckers do anything to embarrass her, your kin, your cousins, your horses, your fucking kids, you do anything!...", "Tom?" It was Isaiah who cutt my brother off, "what about snow?". "Yeah, their women are sports, I'll say that" John said grabbing Isaiah and rubbing his hair. "No" Tommy continued and walked up to the two, "no. No. No cocaine". And then stepped to every other direct family member. "No cocaine, no sport, no telling fortunes, no racing, no fucking sucking petrol out of their fucking cars". He stopped in front of me. Both of us holding eye contact. Tension building, which you could cutt with a knife. But he didn't tell me anything just moved on. "And you, Charlie, stop spinning yarns about me, eh?". "I'm just trying to sell you to them, Tom" Charlie responded. Tommy came back in the centre and rubbed his eyes. "But the main thing is, you bunch if fuckers, despite the provocation of the cavalry, no fighting". He looked at every one. "Oi!" Tommy called out and once again stepped to Isaiah. Before slapping him "no fighting. No fighting..... No fucking fighting!". Tommy looked around once more before finishing his rant. "Good" he said and walked to Arthur to grab his jacket. I watched a worker walk past them, accidentally bumping into Tommy. Who clearly did not like it and pushed the guy away. To which he fell down breaking the bottle he was holding. And to make it even more humiliating, Arthur also had to throw a carrot after the man.

"Guess the no fighting rule doesn't apply to you, eh, Tommy?" I said gaining everyones attention

"Guess the no fighting rule doesn't apply to you, eh, Tommy?" I said gaining everyones attention. It was clear to me that they had some sort of resentment against me. About what, I do not know, that's why I came to talk to Tommy. I ignored their gazes and kept my eye on Tommy, but he ignored me and just passed me. Also slamming his shoulder into my own. I scoffed and stayed on my place in disbelief. I had no idea what was happening and why people where annoyed and pissed with me. I was left alone, beside obvisiouly the cooking staff, in the kitchen. I felt my anger rise even more. Up until the point I grabbed the closest object and threw it against a wall before screaming out. Scaring the kitchen staff to a stand still. I let out a deep breath and leaned on a counter to calm myself down. After regaining my calmness I leaned down to grab the glasses from the ground. I made a mess, so I will clean it up, no one else. After finishing I walked out the kitchen to go to the dininghall for dinner. I was the last to arrive, which most like also will not go well with everyone else. I looked around for an empty chair but there was nothing. Grace walked up to me, obviously seeing me look for a spot. "My apologies, Georgie" she began, "we don't seem to have enough chairs". I turned to her "how is that possible? Surely you would know how many guests would come to your reception?" I questioned her, "we have had a lot on our mind, planning this wedding" she began, "I understand but-" I began, "maybe you can stand?" Grace offered, "are you kidding me?" but Tommy cutt me off before I could finish "Georgie". He had called my name in such a manner that basically said to not even start a fight. I turned my head to face him as he approached us. A glare in his eyes that said to not test him or he'll throw me out. "You know what?" I began with a sigh, "forget it. I can tell you don't want me here. So I'll do you all the favor, I'll take my leave" I said turning around to depart the dining room. "Georgie!" Tommy called after me. Now I heard something in his voice that he actually didn't want me to leave. But I ignored him and continued to walk out as he followed me. I arrived outside and Tommy had caught up to me. "What kind of sister doesn't come for their brothers wedding!?" He snapped at me. I stopped in my tracks, my fists clenching as I turned around. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelled at him, "I wouldn't miss my siblings wedding for the world. And yet I did not get that change from you two. Because I was only invited for the god damn lunch, nothing else. Then when lunch arrived, I got the fucking offer to stand!" I said and shoved the invitation into his chest before turning around. He took a quick look at it before once again following me "this is a mistake. You where supposed to be at every event" he said. But I had enough. "George we'll find a chair for you" Tommy tried. "No, It's alright. Have a good day, Tom".

Published: 23rd of July 2023