The 'baker'

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
"Beer coming for you, Billy" I called out to the older man at the end of the bar. He looked up and catched the beer that I had slided towards him. He thanked me by raising his beerpint. I always loved helping out in the Garrison. "How are your kids, Morgan" I asked the man that I just served a gin and tonic. I saw the proudness immediatly glow in his eyes as he started to talk about them. I cleaned the bar as I listened to him. His youngest daughter Jillian had just done her first ballerina lesson and his son had won a big football game by scoring the winning goal. I congratulated him and continued to serve other people. I gave three lads their drink as I watched my brothers walk in. "Georgie" Tommy said calling my name as he stepped towards the bar. I turned my head to him to aknowledge him before turning back to make the other drinks. "Can I have a bottle of Irish whiskey". "Yes, but you'll have to wait. Untill I served these other lads" I said gesturing to the other bar occupients. Any other bartender would immediatly serve my family because well they are the Peaky Blinders. But I refuse to serve him before customers that have been here longer. "I'll get you your bottle, Mr Shelby" Grace called out to him. I rolled my eyes in annoyence as I prioritzed the first arrivals before my brother. But somehow, Tommy refused to get the bottle from Grace. When Tommy was younger he would be annoying when he needed to wait. But he controlled it and held his patience. I finally got to him and handed him a bottle and some glasses. "Can I talk to you?" he asked me. I looked around the bar deciding if there where enough bartenders for the amount of people. Harry and Grace could handle it so I walked from behind the bar and followed Tommy into the private room. "What do you want, Tommy?" I ask him as I wipe my hand on a cloth, "I have a meeting with someone and I want you to come". I roll my eyes, of course he has a meeting with someone. "Can't you go by yourself?" I question him. He shakes his head with a cheeky smirk. "Here I am thinking that I taught you better than to use women to your advantage of gaining something" I mumble while rubbing my eyes in dissapointment, "like you always say, dont use a man for a womans job" he smirk. I glare at him before swinging my hand forward in fake manner. He lifts his hands up to block my hit none the less and then scoffs with a chuckle as he realized I faked my hit. "I should've left you in France" I tell him, "you wouldn't" he said and leans forward to grab his drink "you love me to much, sister". "Hmm. That's debatable" I said thinking about it. Eventually I sit down infront of him and ask him about the meeting. He explained that there was a man in London who wanted to business. "A backery? So he bakes bread" I asked my brother. But I was a bit confused because he said the word backery like he was suppossed to use the handgesture for quotation marks with it. "Yes, bread" he said using his fingers in the quotation marks gesture. I was very confused and it almost hurt my brain thinking about it. "You know. Whatever" I said waving my hand indicating to drop the topic. "When does this baker want to meet?" I ask him, "today" he tells me with a nodd. I stand up from my seat and look toward my brother. "Well come on then. We can't let them wait" I tell him before before putting on my glasses.

 We can't let them wait" I tell him before before putting on my glasses

Tommy parks the car infront of a building and gets out the car. I follow him inside the building or so called backery. But smirk when the familiar smell of liquor hits my senses and I figured it out. "With bake you actually mean brew" I tell Tommy, "you've got a smart one there, Tommy. Nothing passes her eyes" a male voice says in sarcasm behind me. I turn around and see a man walk up to us. The unfamiliar man steps into the light and I can see his features better. I must admit, he is a good view for the eyes. But I push them aside because I am here for business. "Alfie, this is my sister Georgina Shelby" Tommy said introducing me to the stranger, he then turns to me "Georgie, meet Alfie Solomons". I extend my hand and offer it to him to shake. He shows an intruging smirk before taking my hand "sister, huh. Oldest or youngest?" Alfie asks as we follow him. I ignore his question and instead ask him about his bakery. "Ah we bake all sorts, yeah. We bake the white bread, we bake the brown bread" Alfie explains pointing to the barrels containing the specific rum. He wanted to continue to, probably his office, but stopped before turning around. "You wan' try one?" he asks, curiousity radiating from him for my answer. "I'll take the white" I said pointing to a bottle of white rum. He nodds and pours one in before handing it to me. He watches me closely, looking for my opinion on his drink.

 He watches me closely, looking for my opinion on his drink

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Georgie takes a drink before looking at Alfie. "I've tasted betted" she states and I instantly feel the tesion between the teo rise. But thankfully Alfie can see her humor. "Smart and a jokster" he tells me with a chuckle. Georgie and I follow Alfie to his office. We all sit down and start talking business. Eventually after sometime Georgie had something else to take care off. Alfie watches her leave before turning to me. "I like her. I can tell she doesn't take shit from anyone" he told me with a laugh, "and she'll shoot them in the head once they turn their back on her" I tell him.

Published: 9th of june 2022

Update request by: pembaz11