Up in flames

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
My brothers and I had all had gone to the fair and we were on our way back. When we arrived back in Small Heath I saw our city had been demolished. Couches and chairs had been thrown from the houses, doors had been kicked down and windows were smashed. "Now what the bloody hell's going on here?" Arthur asked as I stopped the car in front of the Chain Tavern. The sign was hanging on its hinges, windows broken and inside a golden light was shining indicating that there was a fire inside. When we arrived home Polly was waiting for us there. She immediately went ahead and told us what had happened. Coppers had told the civilians that the Peaky Blinders had cleared out the city so they could search through every house. Before Polly could continue Georgie had burst through the door and stormed over to Arthur. She wore the same look a pissed-off mother would wear at her child and Arthur noticed it too. If there is anyone who could strike fear into any of us. It's our sister. With ease, she pulled Arthur from the chair and slammed him against the wall behind him. "I didn't say a bloody thing to that copper" He quickly told her. A couple of days ago Arthur had been taken and brutally beaten by Campbell and his men and she was convinced he had talked. "Georgie, I swear" he said with his hands up in surrender. She narrowed her eyes at Arthur making him shrink under her gaze. Her eyes were flaming with fury and I could understand why. She is like a queen, protecting not only her family but also her people from the destroyer of peace. She would first do it through non-violent ways. But hurt us or them in any way or form and hell will be raised. So, once she saw what had happened to the people of Small Heath, her people, she got ready to kill a man. And Arthur was that man on her hitlist. But luckily for him she is also a smart woman. She knew all too well that our brother wouldn't talk and she scoffed before letting go. But her posture still gave off a lot of anger. "Which pubs did they get?" She asked Polly. "The Guns, The Chain, The Marquis. All the ones that pay you to protect them. The only one they didn't touch was the Garrison" Polly replied as she took some hits from her cigarette. Georgie nodded before giving out the orders "drink the beers and get out. Show them that we are still the cocks of the walk" she said waving her hand out. "Show them your faces" Polly told our brothers. Only me, Polly and Georgie stayed behind. After our brothers had left Polly had closed the door. "I'll leave you two to talk" Polly carefully stated and walked away. I turned back to look at Georgie and she was giving me a scolding look before crossing her arms and tapping her foot. "I know Polly has talked with him" she said referring to Campbell. "He still thinks your the boss and he wants to talk". I watched her walk to a chair and sit down. " but we are not going to talk. Not yet at least" she simply stated not sparing me a glance. "We are going to strike a blow first".

Later that evening.

The fire in front of me, warmed me up in the evening air. From the corner of my eye I could see Georgie. I don't often see her smoke but right now she was holding an almost burned-up cigarette. She craned her neck up to the sky and blew out a big air of smoke. Soon Finn and John arrived with even more paintings of the King to throw on the bonfire with the rest. A lot of people had gathered around to see it.

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
All around me I heard people chatting or cheering while more paintings were thrown into the fire. "I hope to God you two know what you're doing" Arthur said to both me and Tommy. I watched John throw another painting in the flames before turning to Finn. "Oi" I scolded hitting John's arm, "the hell you giving him a beer for?" I said pointing to Finn. All four of my brothers chuckled as I shook my head. "Come on folks. Give us a bit of room" Fred said passing through the crowd that had surrounded us. "Georgie? Tommy?". The both of us turned towards Fred. "You're Mr. Shelby?" The stranger with Fred asked my brother. "I am" he responded simply. The stranger was a reporter for the Birmingham papers. Tommy had called him so he could write about what was going on in our little town. "First of all" Tommy said to the man, "it's not that people around here are disloyal to the King. It's the opposite. You see we don't want to see our beloved King looking down at us to see the things that are done to us". "So we are taking down his pictures" I added on. "But why are you burning them?" The reporter asked confused. "We all went through hell for our King. Walked through the flames of war" I explained as I looked into the fire. "Write all of this down" Tommy said to him pointing at the notebook. "And now we are being attacked in our own homes. Now I don't think his Majesty would like to see that happening" I said turning to the man "so we are here to raise the alarm". "May I ask in what capacity do you speak?" He asked me. I shook my head "no capacity. I'm just an ordinary person". He nodded before he noticed something " I don't think you are just an ordinary person, Ms. Shelby". I turned towards him and raised my eyebrow. He motioned to my dog tags "read your war stories".

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I listened to the man reminding Georgie of her wartime. She didn't even blink and I was sure the memory flashed through her mind. "we fought for the King. Now let's see if he will fight for his people" she said before throwing the cigarette in the flames and walking away. "She certainly is a powerfull human being" the reporter stated, "she may not be royalty. But here" I said gesturing to the people around us, "she is seen as a Queen. And you dont want to mess with a Queen her people" I answered looking after my sister.

Published: 8th of Febuary.

Requested by: Avie-wolf