That's power

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
Alfie had invited me to come and have a look at his and Tommy's new operation. He had given me the documents that they had drafted up while he and my brother worked in the new workers that had volunteeres. I didn't pay much attention to what they where saying. "Alright boys, you all have been enrolled as bakers. In the bread company of Campton town. Anyone asks that's what you do, you're bakers. The coppers in Campton town are on our side but North or South you show 'em that piece of paper. Tell 'em you've come down from North to find work, to break stocks. Tell 'em your fasicst, if you have too. We'll find lodging for you. But for now you sleep here in the bakery. Don't touch any of the bread, it most likely explode. Any questions?" Tommy explained to all of the workers. I think one of them had lifted his hand I heard my brother voice confirming the person can ask his question. "I haven't even seen any bread" I heard someone reply. I lifted my eyes from the documents and saw Alfie walk up to, what I assume was the smart ass man. I watched as Alfie began to explain the general rules. "Little fucking rules here. There are fucking rules for a fucking reason. Quite simply because the have to be obeyed. Alright" he started to explain, "Rule number one, the distinction between bread and rum, yeah? Is not discussed!" He yelled and spit flew from his mouth. I saw everyone stay completely still scared to do something wrong. "Rule number two. Anything, right, that your superior officer says to you or any of your other fucking superior officers says to you, yeah, NOT DISCUSSED!". "Rule number three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, I dont care. For the rest of your fucking miserable measly lives, yeah, because I, like you, am also a complete fucking sodomite". I stayed silent to let everything sink into their brain. "Jewish women. You do not go anywhere near them. Cause Jewish women for you are of the fucking menu. I think that's fair".

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
"What about her?" Someone else asked and pointed to my sister, "shouldn't she be in the kitchen making food for us". Before either me or Alfie could do or say something Georgie had spoken out "Misogyny. How refreshing". I watched her stand up before walking up to us. "Well, I am not wrong, Sweetheart. Women are supposed to stay in the kitchen" he snickered. This man probably didn't know who Georgie was because no one would tell her to stay in the kitchen and definitely not call her sweetheart. "Alfie would you mind holding this for me before I shoot him" Georgie said and handed him her gun. Alfie gladly took it from her. She turned back to face the man who had belittled her. "what's your name?" She asked him, "William Conners" he replied yet still wore a smirk on his face. From beside me, I saw Alfie's jaw tense at the male's behavior towards my sister. I didn't like it anymore than he, but I knew my sisters capabilities. "Can you explain to me what the definition of power is, Mr Conners?". "he capacity or ability to direct or influence the behaviour of others or the course of events" he told her, "very good. Now who do you think has the power in this room?" She questioned him, "Mr Shelby and Mr Solomons" he replies to which Georgie shook her head, "wrong answer. I have the power in this room" she sharply told him. "I can let you walk out of this building and you'll return home with no money. Or I can shoot you right where you stand. These are things that can alter your course of life. That's power, something you don't have" she told him with full authority, but the man was still not getting the point "you just gave your gun to, Mr Solomons. How do you want to shoot me?". In a heartbeat Georgie pulled out a second gun and shot the man twice in his shoulder.

The man immediatly dropped to the ground and cried out in pain

The man immediatly dropped to the ground and cried out in pain. "Don't you dare!" Georgie loudly yelled to the people who wanted to help William.

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
I put the safety back on my gun before putting it back in my holster before walking to William. I squatted down "now, next time you disrespect me or any other woman. The bullets that will be fired off, will go in between your eyes" I snarled at him, "am I making myself clear?". "Yes, Ma'am" he nodded in pain. I waved my hand, signaling to the men who wanted to help him out before that they could now. I stood up "rest of you. Get to work". Immediarly everyone followed my order. I walked to Alfie, who handed me my gun back. "Remind me to always check for multiple guns when crossing your sister" he chuckled at Tommy, "I can still kill a man without the use of my guns, Alfie" I said while walking away. "You wouldn't, you like me to much" he replied after me, "Thats debateable!" I yelled back.

Published: 22nd of September