Behind her back

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
I walked into the Garrison and everyone gave quick nod of awknowledgement. I ignored all of them and went to the counter to grab a drink. Grace immediatly grabbed my desired drink and slid it over.  "Are you going to the races aswell?" She asked me while she started to wipe down the counter top. I looked up to meet her eyes. "Tommy invited me to go to the races with him" she added with a smile. "Invited or asked?" I asked her and took a sip of my drink, "is there a difference?" She asked raising an eyebrow. I chuckled "with my brother Tommy? Yes, there is a difference. Getting asked may sound like an ivitation, but it isn't, he is actually telling you to go". I sighed and straightened my back. "Listen, Grace. The next time you see that dear brother of mine. You can tell him that you're not going to the races with him". She looked hesitant at first and dismissive of my order to her. "Am I understood?" I asked her, "well. Ms Shelby. I don't work for you, I work for your brothers" she tried, making it sound like I can't make her do anything. "The sign behind you says Shelby Limited, not Shelby brothers limited. So if we take that into consideration it means that you work for me aswell as for my brothers" I told her sharply, "and then adding the fact that I'm the first born, which gives me the last say in everything that occurs in Shelby Limited. So next time you see Tommy you'll tell him that you refuse to go to the races". She gave up and nodded at me. "Its for your own good, Grace" I told her and turned around to walk away.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I had passed my sister who just walked out the Garrison as I made my way towards the pub. "Once you're done, I want to talk to you" she told me before walking off without saying another word. I wondered what she wanted to talk about. Her eyes held dissapointment and anger, like a mother learning that you were misbehaving in school and gor called to the principals office. All she had to do to complete that look was putting her hands on her hips and tapping her foot on the ground. I walked further towards the Garrison and eventually inside. Grace walked up to me with a bottle and glass in hand. "I've decided not to go, to the races" she told me. "What made you change your mind?" I questioned curious. She adverted her eyes immediatly after hearing my question. Like she didn't want to answer me. "Did Georgie tell you to refuse my invitation?" I asked her, "well, you were more telling me to go, instead of inviting me". I chuckled and shook my head hearing her speak with the exact words Georgie would use. Now I also knew why she wanted to talk with me as soon as I decided to leave the Garrison. It had probably something to do that I wanted to go to the races. She had told me and my brothers to stay away from the race track. And now she found out we were planning to go and ultimately this meant we disobeyed a direct order. I wanted to stay away as long as possible before she would come find me to drag my ass home. If I know one thing about Georgie is don't make her wait.

Eventually I decided to go towards the bettingshop where Georgie would undoubtedly be. Arthur and John soon joined my side before we arrived by the Bettingshop. Upon our arrival Polly walked passed me and my brothers and gave a look filled with warning. "I suggest you hold your tongues in there" she warned us three before continuing her way outside. All three of us instantly knew that our dear sister, who could take our sarcastic remarks quite well no matter what situations was going on, had now turned into the person who was not going to take shit from any of us brothers. We gave each other a look before walking to Georgie's office that was located at the furtherest part of the shop. Normally family and kin could walk into her office without knocking on her door. But I decided to knock none the less, just to be sure as I didn't want to get on her bad side before we even stepped foot into her domain. With a short and quick answer she told us to come inside. All three of us stood perfectly beside each other in a straight line, like soldiers during a drill session. Beside telling us to come inside her office, Georgie hadn't awknowledge us. She kept her eyes on the documents in her hands while scanning it "any of you want to explain why you made the desicion to go to the racetracks eventhough I forbid it" she said before looking at us through her eyeslashes. "Thomas?" She asked when none of us responded fast enough as she closed the betting book. "Kimber's assitant, Roberts, told me that the Lee family are targeting Kimbers bookies" I explained to her, "not our problem" she replied with a quick shake of her head. "If we make sure that we retrieve his bookies money from the Lee's and-" before I could continue she put her hand up telling me to stop talking. She leaned against her desk and crossed her arms "so you had talked with Roberts behind my back, he told you about the Lee and bookie problem. Now you want to take care of that problem, just to get on good terms with Kimber, for whatever fucking reason" She loudly said and I could hear the anger in her voice with my idea. "He could get us a legal racetrack pitch" I explained. With a frustrated sigh she hung her head low "a fucking legal racetrack pitch" she mumbled in frustration. "And why did you need Grace?" She asked after while. I explained to her that a female beside a man looks less threatening. "What do you need from me?" She asked me. Sensing the less seriousness in our sister, both John and Arthur chuckled. "You're not going to like it" John chuckled. She looked between us all before realizing what I needed from her "you need me in a dress, right". All three of us nodded. I could tell she was internally cursing all of us out. She nodded telling me she was going to come with us. As we walked out the office John asked a question with a laugh "have you even seen Georgie in a dress?" To which we shook our heads laughing along with him.

The next day

I waited for my sister to arrive in the Garrison so we could go to the tracks. She eventually walked inside and stopped by us.

I wanted to give her a compliment on how she looked but she cutt me off, "I'm in a dress, I'm wearing heels, I haven't eaten yet and I am armed

I wanted to give her a compliment on how she looked but she cutt me off, "I'm in a dress, I'm wearing heels, I haven't eaten yet and I am armed. Don't talk to me or I will rip your fucking tongue out" she snapped at him. I put my hands up in surrender.

Published: 27th of november 2022