The Passover Goat

(Alfie's P.O.V.)
I walk through my backery as I hold the leash in my hand. Guiding a goat through the halls, before handing him to one of the workers. I turn my head and watch as men set the table covering it in a white cloth. Meanwhile Ollie brings Arthur and Billy in the room. "Gentlemen, welcome, welcome" I aaid greeting the two. "Mr Solomon" the one who I believe was Arthur greeted back. I step forward and take his hand in mine, shaking it "You must be Arthur", "That is right" he replied with a smile, "Arthur, Arthur!". "It is a pleasure to meet you, sir" he told me and shaked my hand, although I can see a hint of anger hiding in his eyes. Probably because of my time spent well with his older sister. "I have heard so much about you from your sister" I told him and I see him clench his jaw quickly before relaxing again. He was probably told to keep himself under control. "Shalom" He spoke. "Let me just say... Shalom". They soon are seated at the table and I began to explain. "The Passover started off way out there in the Far East - out in the sand, out in the desert, where my forefathers come from - the Jews, the brews, whatever you want to call them". Behind them I see tso of my men close the door, making it rambling. "It started out as a little speck on the horizon" I continued as the two Blinders turn to the door, seeing what was happening. "Arthur, this ain't right!" Billy whispered to Arthur, "Billy, don't worry, mate. I mean, If you want, you can leave. If you need to go to the little boy's room, you can leave. We're going to open them in a minute anyway" I told him. "He's all right" Arthur said chuckling and giving Billy a pat on the shoulder. "Do you want to leave?" I asked turning to the red head. He sits back in chair and looks coldly at me "No, you are all right". "You want to stay?", "I'll stay" he nodds answering my question. "You stay there, then, treacle" I told one of my men and then continued, "OK. So, the Pharaoh, have you heard of him? He kept my people, the Jewish people, in slavery for thousands and thousands of years". "Persecuted race" Arthur said cutting me off, "He did, he persecuted my race. The killing of the innocent, right? Seder, this feast what we is having here, right? Seder is basically the day when the Jewish angels decided, you know, that the evil fսcking Egyptians had pushed their fսck¡ng luck. It's part of our tradition, to do with Seder, right, that in order to make it good with God to kill a king" I continued looking between the two Blinders, "we have to carry out the Korban Pesach. Right. That is the ritual sacrifice of the Passover goat". We all turn our heads upon hearing the bleating goat walk into the room. "It's a goat!" Arthur exclaimed interested, "Yeah, and we are going to sacrifice it. Tonight. That is part of the reason why we have to shut the doors as well" I tell them and point to the doors, "But this year we thought we'd give the fսcking goat a name" I said with a smile. "You've named it?" Arthur quesrion with a laugh of disbelief, "We fսcking did. Yeah" I nodded, "They named the fսcking goat" Arthur said nudging Blilly Kitchen with a laugh, "after the evil fսcking Egyptian pharaoh" I continued, "The fսcking enemy!" Arthur chimmed in, "That's right! You know what we called it?" I asked them about the goat's name, "What did you call him?" Arthur asked placing the glass back down. "Georgie Shelby" I said calmly, yet my heart stung when her name left my lips. On cue the goat's throat was slit, Billy gets shot in his head and my men grab Arthur Shelby. A commotion riles up as he tries to break free. "Fսck you!" Arthur sneers as he is held against a pillar, I punch him straight in the stomach and he fold forward as he grips my shoulder "That's right, let's take the load off" I told him before pushing him back against the pillar, "So, then the evil Egyptian scum was finally cleansed by the blood of the Passover goat" I said and dab some blood onto Arthurs forehead and kiss him gentle on the cheeks. "That's from Sabini". Then smack him unconcious. I turned to my men and nod for them to open the door. Two policemen walk into my backery. "The fսcking animal" I exclaimed pointing at Arthur, "He come in here, right, with a fսcking gun and a razor, he shot him in the face" I explained pointing to Billy Kitchen, "Look at him. He is dead. Is he dead? He is fսcking dead!". I turned back to face Arthur and the policemen "He wants arresting or some thing, right? Surely". I watch as the police drag an unconcious Arthur away. But one thought crosses my mind, Georgie Shelby. She will surely hunt me down like a bloodhound once she finds out what I did to her brother. And after she found me, I have no doubt she will unleash her rage on me. And rightfully so, to be fair. But I would find out, sooner than I had expected, what her rage can do. I had thought it would take her atleast a day to find out about my betrayel. But she knew about it by the next morning, just barely 10 hours later.

Published: 21st of December 2023