𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8

Abby's POV

"Why are you here, Abby? We both know that you could have sent an apprentice to do this." Jaha exhaled and looked at me.

"Kane's planning a secret council meeting to vote on the culling. I need to know where you stand." I asked him while walking around his room.

"I don't have a vote. You know that." He said and sat on his chair, I shook my head and said.

"They listen to you, Thelonious" I said making my way to a chair just across him.

"Well, you don't." He said and stood up from his chair to look at the distant space.

"I do when you agree with me."

"Now, Abby, the CO2 scrubbers are already failing. The symptoms of oxygen deprivation are everywhere, and worst of all in the children; They'll die first." He explained while looking at his tablet.

"You don't have to tell me that." I said making way to his chess table.

"Obviously I do. Unless we act to reduce the population, everyone on-board this space station will be dead in four months." He said, his greatest fear is telling the people of the Ark that we are going to die due to lack of oxygen.

"We have acted. We put a hundred kids on the ground. We need to give them time..."

"There are seventy-six kids on the ground, Abby. Twenty-four of them, including my son, are already dead."

"I don't think so." I replied making him confused at my answer.

"But you have no proof. Please... Stop. I understand your need to have hope for Clarke, but I am the Chancellor of the Ark, and hope isn't enough. Not when the end of the human race is at stake." He said then an knock came from his door.

"You wanted to see me?" It was Kane, with that I stood up and looked at Jaha.

"Hope is everything, and the Chancellor that I voted for, he knew that. I'm done here." I said and escorted myself out of Jaha's room.

Jaha.s POV

"Stop studying me, Kane. Who shot me?" I said.

"Bellamy Blake, a janitor from Factory Station. He stowed away on the dropship. We're still investigating who helped him." He said.

"Who benefits most from my death?" I asked myself.

"If you have something to say, just say it." Kane said circling me.

"You rushed to execute the woman who saved my life, and if I were dead, you would be Chancellor now and Abby wouldn't be here to oppose you." I said while looking at him intently.

"I followed the law. I did my job." He said making me scoff.

"You were the acting Chancellor, and this job requires more than simply following the law. It requires knowing when not to." I said.

"I had nothing to do with the attempt on your life, but I'm not surprised that it happened. You're too weak to do what now has to be done, and I'm not the only one who knows it." Kane said and left my room, I sat there thinking what he just said.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Cade's POV

Me and Clarke were panting as we went inside the dropship, "There you guys are. When my father said they didn't leave us anything, he really meant it. It's just a scratch." Wells said and grabbed a backpack.

"You're making friends fast." Clarke said to Wells.

"Keep it covered. It could get infected." She said to Wells while checking his ankle.