𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 29

Abby's POV

"Hello, Abby" Diana said as we were celebrating Unity Day on the Ark.

"Diana." I said as she stood beside me.

"We have seen the true soul of our people." Jaha said as he continued his speech.

"I hope there are no hard feelings about me taking the Council seat." Diana suddenly said as I shook my head.

"No hard feelings about anything at all today." I said as she nodded.

"That's right. You'll be able to see your daughter soon." Diana said as I smiled.

"And Cade too.." I said a she nodded.

"But enough from me. You are all here for the pageant anyway, right?" Jaha said as people started to applaud.

"He's cutting his remarks short." Diana said as I looked at her curiously.

"What's that?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Oh, nothing. I helped him with his speech. He's leaving the best part out." She said as I eyed her suspiciously.

"Without further ado, I present the story of us." Jaha said as kids started to parade.

"Long ago when the Earth was on fire, through space all alone. Then one day, Mir floated by Shenzhen, and they realized life would be better together. The other stations saw this, and they wanted to be together, too. When all the stations were formed, they called themselves-" The girl got cut off as a bomb goes off, people started to scream as an high-pitched alarm goes off.

"Daddy?" A girl said as I tried to stand up and went to her.

"I'll go and find your daddy. Jaha, are you okay?" I asked as I see Jaha trying to stand up.

A screamed was heard, I looked to see where the scream came from and looked at one of the medical employee, "Get him to medical now!" I said as Jaha stood up and looked at Kane.

"Kane! Find out who did this." Jaha ordered as Kane nodded.

"Mom, mom, mom." Kane said as he saw his mom laying not the ground not moving.

"We need triage supplies now!" I ordered as I kneeled before Kane and his mother, but standing up after as I know she can't be saved.

"Doctor Griffin, we need your help over here." A guard said as I nodded.

"In peace, may you leave the shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again." Kane said as he closed his mother's eyes.

"Marcus. I'm so sorry. We need to get you out of here." Jaha said as Kane sighed and started to find who caused the bombing.

"Sir. This was a coup. Councilors Cole, Kaplan, Muir, and Fuji are dead. If you hadn't cut your speech short-" Kane said as he came back, but getting cut off by Jaha.

"Where's Councilor Sydney?"

"She left before the blast." I said as an assumption started to rise.

"I'll find her." Kane said as Jaha nodded.

"You do that, and double the guard at the dropship. I'm putting the Ark on lockdown!" Jaha ordered as and broken electrical wire sparks, causing people to scream.

"We are not missing that launch window!" Jaha said as Kane dashed off.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Diana's POV

"They suspect it was you. The way I see it, we got two choices. Stay and fight, in which case maybe we win if we can get enough workers to join us." Lieutenant Graco said as I shook my head.