𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 9

Abby's POV

"Abby, we have to stop. The council vote's in thirty minutes." Jackson told me.

"Then we have thirty minutes. Anything from engineering?" I asked.

"Nothing good. According to Sinclair, even if we sent a signal down, the wristbands weren't designed to receive, so the kids wouldn't even hear it." Jackson said.

"There's got to be something we missed, something that we haven't thought of." I said, then there was a loud clang.

"Great. What's falling apart now?" Jackson said.

"Hey! Hey! Apparently you have a thing for air ducts." I said.

"I'll call security." He said then Raven went inside and said.

"They're not dying." She said,

"What are you talking about?" I asked out of curiosity.

"All that's being sent from the ground? Transmitted by these. They're taking them off." She said.

"What? Why would they do something so reckless?" Jackson asked.

"Because we told them not to." I answered while looking at the monitor.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Cade's POV

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asked at Bellamy.

"We don't. Public Danger thinks she's a tracker." Bellamy said.

"It's called cutting sign. Fourth-year earth skills. She's good." Wells said.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" I said and continued to walk, then we heard a low moan. We followed the sound and we saw Jasper tied up a pole.

 "Jasper. Oh, my God." Clarke said.

"Clarke, be careful." I said as I hold her back.

"Jasper? What the hell is this?" She asked, she stepped forward when she fell onto a pit, but luckily she held onto the edge of it.

"Clarke! Get her up! Pull her up! Pull her up! Get her! Pull her up!" Finn said, Bellamy grabbed Clarke's arm, but he hesitated to pull her up so I held onto to Clarke's arm tightly and pushed Bellamy aside and pulled her up,

"You ok?" I asked her, she nodded and dusted the dirt off her,

"We need to get him down." She said,

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines." Finn said,

"Yeah, yeah, I'm with you." Wells said,

"No. Stay with Clarke. And watch him. You. Let's go." He said as he looked at Bellamy,

"There's a poultice on his wound." Clarke said,

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?".

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing." Bellamy said,

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us." I said looking at Jasper.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Abby's POV

"Data indicates that the violent criminals in the group are eight times more likely to have terminated signals. We believe that this means that the kids are taking off the wristbands by choice." I said.

"So how do you explain Wells?" Kane asked me,

"Kane is right. My son would... Never take his wristband off voluntarily." Jaha said.