Chapter 8

Without even thinking about it, I kissed back with no hesitation. Chris's lips were extremely soft and I got the taste of peppermint. It wasn't like the movies where fireworks exploded, but it was still the best experience ever! Chris kissed me gently without to much pressure since he probably figured I was new to this. This was the most perfect first kiss! It was after we pulled apart, that I remembered what he said.

"I like you too."

"Chris, do you really? Are you being honest?" I questioned because I so shocked. I didn't expect him too like me back.

"Do you think i'm lying?"

I shook my head. "No, its just we're so um. . "

"So what?"

"I don't know, different? You seem like you'd go for girls that are um, ya know, not like me."

"Khadijah you're beautiful, don't think like that."

I smiled brightly at his comment. Chris was so amazing! "Thanks, so um I should get home."

Before I got the chance to open the car door, Chris's hand stopped me. "Come to my house, so I can spend more time with you."

"Yeah, sure I just need to go tell my Grandma."

I sprinted out the car and into the apartment building. I could've just called my Grandma on the phone but I wanted to freshen up a bit. Grandma sat on the living room couch watching a tv Drama. I grabbed lotion and perfume before sitting down next to her. I lifted up my jeans to rub the lotion onto my legs, can't be ashy around Chris. Then, I put a few spritz of the spray on my neck and wrists.

"Grandma, I'm going to my friends house to study, call me if you need anything."

Before she even had a chance to protest, I ran out the front door. I know its a little rude to do that, but Chris was waiting for me!

"Hey, i'm back," I announced.

"Yeah, I know," he joked, "did you tell your Grandma?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, everything's good."

Everything was more than good, it was great! Chris liked me, I made a new friend in Micheal, Grandma was healthy and taken care of, Mary was happy. . For the first time in a while, everything was going my way.

-

A little of anxiety creeped into my body as we walked into Chris's room. Yeah, I'd been in here before but now it was different. Before we we're strangers but now we had some sort of relationship although I'm not exactly sure what it was. On Monday, I saw Chris for the first time. Now, its Thursday and we were alone in his room together about to do who knows what after confessing we both like each other. This happened way too quick!

Chris stood in the middle on the room and pulled of his shirt and pants. Um, what the hell? He definitely looked good, but I hope he doesn't think thats the reason I came here. Chris walked over to his dresser and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts but didn't put them on.

"Ya wanna change?" He asked, thrusting the shorts towards me.

I looked down at my jeans, "Um, not, I'm ok."

"You sure? Jeans ain't that comfortable."

"Um, yeah you're right," I grabbed the shorts, "Oh, and can I borrow a shirt?"

He handed me a white Black Pyramid shirt.

I turned around so I could leave the room for the bathroom.