Chapter 16

Khadijahs POV

I knocked on Chris's front door furiously. It was below freezing temperature and this boy still hasn't open the door after I've been knocking for 5 minutes! Maybe I should've told him I was coming over but his car was here so I know that he was inside. Finally, the door opened.

"Hey. . .what are you um doing here?" Chris asked, out of breath. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and his skin was shining due to him being sweaty. What was he doing to be that worn out?

"Um, I need to talk to you. And can I come in its freezing," I replied. Chris stepped to the side so I can come in. When I walked past him, he had a strange smell on him. It was like perfume, sweat, and something else? I've never smelt it before. Oh well maybe he was helping his mom or something.

"Can we to your room? I don't know I just like it better?" I asked.

Chris looked hesitant but he still said, "Um yeah sure."

Once we got to his room the weird smell became more prominent. I sat down on his bed that had no sheets on it. Also, I noticed that there was clothing and some other items scattered on the floor. I think he was cleaning, but it doesn't matter. I didn't come here to inspect his room.

I came here to tell Chris about Micheal. I just feel like as his girlfriend, i'm obligated to tell him about another guy trying to kiss me. And i'm definitley going to bring up Karrueche and him laughing when I fell. He's not off the hook for that because i'm still mad.

"Um so you know Micheal-" I began

"From the basketball team?" Chris interuptted, sitting down on a chair in front of me.

"Yeah, him. Well after we left detention, he tried to...he sort of um kissed me kinda," I nervously said. Chris has a short fuse so i'm worried about his reaction. But to my suprise. . .he was laughing?

"Whats funny?" I demanded.

"Yo thot ass was on him too but now you wanna act like you did nothing?" He laughed.

"I was never on him!" I said, raising my voice a little. "And even if I was on Micheal, why does it matter? Karrueche is ALWAYS on you and don't seem to have a problem with it even though you're MY boyfriend! You actually return the affection," I said smartly. Chris is such a hypocrite.

Chris sat there quiet. Since he was speaking up I decided to talk again, "You're such a dick Chris. First, you laughed when I fell, then you were all over Karrueche and now you just called me a thot. Whats wrong with you?"

Chris took a deep sigh and looked at with those big brown eyes. "I'm sorry Dijah. I told you i'm bi-polar and-"

"You're getting treated for it so don't use being bi-polar as an excuse," I interjected. I can tell he got mad because he clenched his jaw.

"Whatever. Just know i'm sorry for calling you that, aight."

I ignored his half-assed apology. It wasn't sincere, he sounded like he said to make me shut up.

"Alright. So, I have one more question. Why are you so rude at school when other people are around?" I questioned.

"I told you I wanna be low-key," he said.

"Its not like you saying hi to me once in a while will expose our relationship. And why did you laugh when I got tripped? Being low-key doesn't mean you have to follow everything Christina and Karrueche do like an idiot. I'm your girlfriend, why do you flirt with other girls, why do I have to be a secret, whats your problem?" I spat angrily. This is the first time I spoke to Chris about how he's been treating me at school and i'm determined to let him know exactly how i'm feeling.

When I was talking I could see Chris getting angrier. His foot tapped impatiently on the ground and his hand slightly shook. As soon as I finished speaking, he exploded.

"You're my fucking problem! Maybe if you weren't such a fucking loser I wouldn't be embarrassed! Maybe if you weren't such a fucking bitch, I wouldn't have to fuck other girls! Its all you, Khadijah!" Chris yelled.

So many things were running through my head, but one thing in particular stood out.

"You cheated?" I asked, lowly. My voiced was laced with hurt and betrayal. Chris just nodded his head yes with a smirk on his stupid ass face.

I stood up from the bed. Then, it all clicked in my brain. Chris is sweaty and smelled weird (it was a combination of sweat, perfume, and sex) because he just got done cheating on me. Thats why it took him forever to open the door because he was trying to clean up. It explains why he's not wearing a shirt, theres no sheet on his bed, and the clothing on the floor.

I gave Chris a disgusted look. "We're done," I said, walking out the room. It was when I left Chris's house, that I let the tears flow freely down my face.