Chapter 29

Khadijahs POV

Instead of going to class I went to the girls bathroom. I just want to be away from everyone. In the bathroom I was disappointed that there was another girl in there. Ignoring her, I went straight to one of the mirrors to inspect myself. My eyes were kinda red and it was obvious that I was crying.

I soaked a paper towel in water and dabbed in on my closed eyes thinking it'll help. I jumped when the girl started talking.

"That ain't gonna help. Put some cucumbers on that shit," Her loud voice boomed.

I took the towel off my eyes and looked at the girl. Her black hair was covering her face with messy curls. She was dressed in a black North Face, tan pants, and she had on Timbalands. Her skin was a perfect caramel color. She was really pretty. She leaned against the wall with her iPhone 6 in her hand, looking at me.

"Yeah because I totally carry cucumbers with me to school," I replied sarcastically. I'm upset and this random girl isn't making me feel better.

"Don't cop a fucking attitude, bitch. I was tryna be nice," The girl snarled.

There was a heater by the window and thats where I sat down. I sighed and threw the stupid paper towel in the garbage. "Sorry. I'm just having a bad day," I apologized.

The girl sat down next to me. "You good. So what you crying for?"

"Me and my boyfriend-well its ex now- broke up."

"What happened?"

"Its kinda a long story," I said.

"So you not gon' tell me?"

"Alright fine. Wait, what grade are you in?"

"11th."

"Are you new? I haven't see you before."

"I been going here for like 2 weeks if still consider that new. But anyways tell the story," She urged.

"Okay so my ex is Chris-"

"Brown?" She interjected with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. You seem surprised," I stated. Of course she wouldn't expect me to be with him.

"Ya just seem real different, thats all."

"A lot of people think that," I rolled my eyes, "but anyways yeah i'm talking about Brown. So basically he started ignoring me. We got into an argument and now we're done," I said sniffling a little.

"I thought it was a long story?"

"I gave you the shortened version."

"Well I want all the details."

I switched my postion so I was sitting criss-cross applesauce.

"Okay so Chris lives up the street from me and thats how I met him. We've been dating for like 2 months-"

"But wasn't there a big ass deal a few days ago about ya dating?" she interuptted.

"Yeah, but we've dating on low for a while," I explained.

"Wasting your time on a nigga that ain't claimin' you? Couldn't be me," she shook her head.

I ignored her annoying comment and kept talking, "There were some prob- well actually there were a lot of problems but I really liked him so we always got back together."

"Big problems?"

"Well, one time he got mad and chocked me," I subconsiously rubbed my neck as I spoke. "Another time he cheated on me. And he said some stuff about how I embarrass him or whatever."