Chapter 10

I wonder what Chris wants to do at his house? Well, I mean I'm not that naive. Chris is a teenage boy, I'm sure he wants to do stuff like that but I 100% don't. My Grandma has never pushed it into my mind to stay a virgin 'till marriage or anything but I personally want to wait. Makes the night more special, y'know? I wonder if Chris is a virgin? I doubt it. Just something about him, gives me the vibe that he knows what he's doing. Hold on- why am I even thinking about this? We've literally known eachother for 5 days! We're not even dating yet. Stop Khadijah! You're getting way too attached and ahead of yourself! my mind thought.

As soon as I walked into my Calculus class, everyones eyes fell on me. "Do you have a pass, Khadijah?" Mrs. Vega asked. I shook my head no. "I won't give you detention since this is your first time being late. If it happens again, there will be consequences." she stated, sternly. She always tried to be strict but her 5'2 frame was hardly intimidating. Before I walked to my seat, she handed me a worksheet with 15 problems on it.

"Listen up everyone! Lately, I've been doing work in this class from the second we got to class to the second class was dismissed. I've handed out homework every night and we've had multiple tests. SATs are coming soon, so I want to make sure you're all prepared. Since, you've been working super-duper hard, I'll give you a relaxing day. Finish the worksheet, and yes you make talk and work with others." Mrs. Vegas said.

"Hey, Micheal," I spoke, "wanna be partners?" A week ago, I never would have asked someone to work with me, but I guess I'm changing?

Micheal lifted his head off the desk to look at me. "Yeah, sure. Hey, do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

I handed him a blue mechanical pencil. "Thanks," he said. He flashed me a gorgeous smile. I instantly smiled back and felt my face blush a little. Why have I never noticed how cute he was?!

"Um, so I can do the first 8 problems and you do the rest?" I asked. Micheal nodded his head yes. We both finished and then copied eachother within 10 minutes.

"So. . . " I trailed off.

"Are you okay? Did Christina push you hard?"

I rolled my eyes at the sound of her name. "Im fine. I don't even know why she pushed me, she's annoying. I was being polite."

Micheal chuckled a bit. "Yeah, all of them are annoying."

"Who's them?"

"Christina, Karrueche, Trey, Chris. . . .that whole group."

My eyes squinted in confusion. "I thought you were friends with them?"

His shrugged his shoulders. "There on the basketball team so we're together alot. Not really friends. I like you better than all of 'em." Micheal winked at me, causing another big smile to form on my face.

We spent the last 30 minutes of class discussing small details of ourselves such as things that we liked, disliked etc. We didn't speak of any personal stories but I still felt closer to Micheal. He had a great personality. I literally couldn't go more than 2 minutes without bursting out laughing at something that he said. A few seconds before the bell rang, Micheal handed me a paper with his number on it.

"Hit me up, so we can do something over the weekend. If you wanna go, I mean" he stated.

"Yeah, of course I'd wanna go. Maybe Saturday?"

"Thats good for me. I'll text you tonight, alright? So don't fall asleep."

I laughed at his little joke. The bell rang but before we separated I said, "See you later!"

Once we walked out the room, I was met with dirty looks from the cheerleading team. And also, Chris was a couple feet away with his arm around Karrueche, AGAIN!

They're friends! Friends hold eachother all the time. It's not a big deal, and he doesn't like her, he likes you! Nobody wants to be around a clingy girl! I thought in my head. This was my first "relationship" if you can call it that and I don't want to ruin it by being jealous.

-

I looked up in annoyance as the sunlight that was shining on me was covered by a dark shadow. I continued to read my book ignoring the person standing infront of me. There was a deep sigh. Just from that noise I could recognize that it was Mary. I flipped onto the next page. Mary sighed even deeper, but I still didn't say anything. Clueless to my obvious disregard for her, she sighed EVEN louder.

"Oh my gosh Mary, what do you want?" I snapped impatiently. Even though I wouldn't admit it, seeing Chris with Karrueche put a huge damper on my mood.

"Why are you so mad?"

"I'm not, I'm just tired. So what do you need?"

"Its about Chris," she revealed. Mary sat down to the left of me. I put my book down on my right. I instantly grabbed a handful of french fries. I'm assuming she was going to tell gossip, and I couldn't wait. Not only because I loved drama, but because this involved Chris!

"What about him?" I tried to play it off as if I didn't care.

"I think he's with Karrueche. Like dating her. Or atleast fucking her."

I shoved the french fires back onto the cheap, Styrofoam tray that the school gave to us for lunch. No way was this true! Chris liked me, he even said so himself. He's such a sweet guy, I don't believe that he would do that to me. My whole entire day is now ruined!

"Why?" I fidgeted with my fingers, I was nervous for her answer.

"Trey and Nicki texted him last night at like 8 to chill but he said that he was with a girl. Then, today in gym I heard Karrueche telling Amber about how she spent the night over at his house. Oh, and today he drove her to school," Mary explained.

I could hardly believe what was telling me. I left Chris's house at like 6:30. Not even 2 hours later and he was with another girl?