Chapter 32

Khadijahs POV

Kiana removed her hand from the back of my head and placed it on my left cheek. Her touch is what put me back in reality. I pulled away and jumped up. Kiana fell back on the floor probably because of my sudden move. The high completley wore off. All I want to do is leave.

"Aw, why ya stop?" Victor whined.

I ignored him and went to the front door. "I'm-i'm gonna go."

I bolted out the driveway. I have no idea where I am but I'll just walk the way we came.

My heart was pounding. A bunch of questions were running through my mind. Does she like me? Is she lesbian? But she likes a boy. Maybe its because of the weed. Yeah, thats what i'm going to go with. And I think thats the reason that I kissed back, because I was under the influence of something.
-
Luckily, I didn't get lost walking home.

"Khadijah, is that you?" Grandma called out.

"Yeah, its me," I replied. My heart wasn't pounding anymore but I was still in shock.

"How come you're back so early?"

"Um, they cancelled the tutoring today," I answered.

Before she could keep talking to me I rushed to the bedroom and closed the door. I looked at my phone in my hand. Should I text Kiana? Nope, i'm not ready for that conversation. For now i'm just going to take a nap and act like nothing happened.
-
The next day I was awoken by my phone vibrating. Yeah, i'm that much of a light sleeper. I looked down to see that I had a message from Kiana. It was Saturday and I wanted to sleep in but my curiousty got the best of me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to get adjusted to the light.

Hey b -Kiana, 10:52 am

Well, that was underwhelming. I was expecting something much more exciting or surprising. I thought she would mention the kiss? But if she won't bring it up then neither will I. It'll save me a lot of awkwardness.

Hey, wyd? -Khadijah, 10:53 am
Nothin so Trey is havin a party tonite -Kiana, 10:53 am
Sooo -Khadijah, 10:54 am
So we gon be lit -Kiana, 10:55 am
We? -Khadijah, 10:55 am
Ya we ill pick you up at 8. we can get ready at my house -Kiana, 10:56 am
No lol -Khadijah, 10:56 am

Kiana is funny if she thinks i'm going to that party.

Yes lol -Kiana, 10:57 am
Bye Kiana, you swear your my mom. -Khadijah, 10:57 am
its saturday and you wanna stay at home? wack af -Kiana, 10:58 am
Oh well -Khadijah, 10:59 am
your going idgaf what you say. -Kiana, 11:00 am
Why do you even want me to go? -Khadijah, 11:01 am

I've never drank, I've smoked one time, and I don't like sex. These types of parties are not for me. If I go with Kiana, I'll just keep her from having fun.

bc your 17 and never been to a party its mad sad -Kiana, 11:02 am

I hate that Kiana is right. I really need to get out of my house more. This is the type of thing I meant when I said that I need to change. A party is the perfect place to socialize.

Fine, I'll go -Khadijah, 11:04 am
yaas! i got the perfect dress for you -Kiana, 11:04 am

I clicked my phone off and put my head back down. I hope tonight goes well.
-
It was hard to believe that the girl I was looking was me. I looked completley different! Kiana picked out a tiny black dress for me (in media) with a pair of red strappy heels. I never thought I was ugly, I actually considered myself pretty. But damn tonight I actually looked sexy!