Chapter 9

I had only been awake for about 40 minutes, yet I'd yawned at least a minimum of 50 times. Physically, I was completely tired and drained. Emotionally though I was extremely energetic. It was around 1 in the morning when I had finally fell asleep. All night I couldn't stop thinking about my day with Chris. Our time spent together was magical! It was like something out of a movie!

Okay, woah Khadijah calm down its not that serious I thought. I realize i'm being a little ridiculous right now. We only spent like 4 hours together and didn't even do anything that memorable, but still Chris was the first boy to ever show me any time of attention. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about it!

"Damn, did you even sleep last night?" Mary asked knocking me out of my thoughts. Oops, I'd forgotten I was even in the car with her.

"Barely!"

"Why? What were you doing? Its not like you have any friends to be with," Mary teased.

I rolled my eyes frivolously. "Shut up Mary. Last night was like the best!"

"What'd you do?"

"I went over to Chri-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence. What was I doing? Am I stupid? She has harsh feelings towards Chris, I can't tell her I was with him!

Mary gave me a weird look. "You went over to where?"

"I went to my Uncle's house. His friend was there, and he had a son who was SO cute. His names Christian," I lied. I'm actually impressed I covered it up that good.

"YAS GIRL! Were you guys alone? Did you get his number? What'd he look like? Khadijah, you need a boyfriend, you're 16."

I bit my lip in anxiety. How am I supposed to answer these questions? Christian isn't even real! "Um, yeah we were um-"

Mary parked the car and jumped out. "Tell em later, the bell is boutta ring!" she interrupted. I happily sighed. Literally saved by the bell!

Normally, I would walk with my head down and shoulders slumping in the hallways. Today was different. A huge smile was on my face and I walked with a certain flare. My huge smile somehow got even bigger when I saw Chris at his locker. I saw also Micheal, Trey, August and sadly, Karrueche and Christina there. Since, there were so many people there, I couldn't reach my locker.

"Excuse me," I said politely. No one moved. I tapped Christina on the shoulder. "Excuse me, can you move a little?"

Instead of moving, Christina turned around and shoved me. "Bitch, I know you can wait a fucking minute!" she snapped.

My mouth slightly opened in shock. Whats wrong with her? Was she raised by a monkey? Did she have no social manners? I'd never been a confrontational person so I stayed silent.

Micheal spoke up. "Chill! It ain't even that serious. Just move, Christina." She obliged to Micheal, but not before both she and Karrueche both gave me dirty looks then walked down the hallway. Shortly after they left, all of Chris's friends left too.

For the first time today, Chris and I looked at eachother. "Stay" he mouthed to me. I smiled at him as a response.

Multiple teachers were standing in the hallway yelling at kids to go to class. I pretending to rummage through my bookbag as if I was looking for something, so I could stay by the locker area. Moments later, the bell for homeroom rang. All the teachers left their post to go to their classes. Chris and I were left alone in the hallway.

I dropped my bookbag on the floor to wrap my arms around Chris's neck. We embraced tightly for a few seconds before out lips touched. Today, he tasted like cinnamon. Kissing Chris has actually become my favorite thing to do.

Even though I really enjoyed the kiss, I remembered that we were in school and could get caught. I gently pushed Chris back.

"Good morning baby," Chris said. His voice was slightly deeper and raspier as he recently woke up. He sounded so sexy, my body literally shivered.

"Hi," I replied shyly. Dirty thoughts were going through my head of what I wanted to do to Chris and it was embarrassing considering he was right in front of me!

"Are you okay?" He was referring to Christina shoving me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How'd you sleep?"

"Good, actually. No nightmares. That's the first night in a long ass time, thanks too you."

Hearing Chris was fine made my day even better. But it was ridiculous that Chris was thanking me.

"Chris don't be silly, don't thank me. I care about you, of course I want you to be okay." I confessed. It sounded corny and like something that would be said in a Nicholas Sparks movie. I have issues showing compassion to anyone besides my Grandma but something about Chris was different, a good different. After spending some time with him, I feel comfortable around him. He's easy to talk too.

Chris didn't say anything. He looked at me straight in my eyes before kissing me once again. This kiss was deeper and more intense than the ones before. Chris gently bit my bottom lip while one of his hands squeezed my ass. My body was spinning with both physical and emotional feelings. I have only known Chris for such a short amount of time but that didn't matter because I was falling for him so, so hard.

To my dismay, Chris stopped the kiss by pulling away. "Go to class, Dijah. You're already late."

I sighed in annoyance. A little part of me was hoping he would say something else? But I don't know what I was expecting. Chris apparently could sense I was annoyed. Before he left he said, "Oh, and come over today." He had a smirk on his face and there was a devilish gleam in his eyes. I smiled happily while my heart sped up in anticipation.