Chapter 30

Khadijahs POV

I tried my hardest not to look. I ate all my food, finished my math homework, and even bit off my nails. I tried to focus on literally anything else in the world but I couldn't. I couldn't stop myself from looking at Chris. He sat down at a table with all his friends. He was facing my direction but I don't think he noticed me. He didn't look as happy as usual and I know it sounds bad but that lifted my spirit a little. I hope he has a terrible day. And I hope he is as miserable as I was.

I took my eyes off of Chris and looked at the figure approaching me. It was Kiana with a bottle of Dasani water in one hand and her phone in the other.

"Hey, can I sit here?" She asked. Before I even answered, she sat down anyway.

"Why you don't sit with anyone?" She questioned. Her phone wouldn't stop beeping but she ignored it.

"I don't really have anyone to sit with," I replied.

"Forreal? Why? You don't like the type of girl to be in drama."

"I'm not. The school is just filled with stupid bitches," I retorted.

"You right about that. I ain't even been here that long but these hoes hatin' on me already," Kiana chuckled.

"Who?" I asked, interested. I love drama.

"Karakache or whatever that bitches name is and Christina."

"Its Karrueche," I corrected while laughing.

Kiana scoffed, "I don't give a fuck. What type of name is that? Like where you get that shit from?"

I couldn't stop laughing at Kiana. It was hilarious how blunt and unapologetic she was.

"Kiana!" A voice shouted.

We both turned our heads to see Chris's whole group looking at us. Normally I would've looked away to avoid their gaze but I reminded myself that I need to stop being so shy. I made eye contact with Chris.

"C'mere," Trey shouted.

"Uhh, no. You come over here," she ordered.

Instead of it being Trey, Nicki got up and ran over to us. "We going to Dominos after school, you wanna go?"

"Ya fat as hell. We having lunch right now. Why you planning to get food in an hour?" Kiana scolded.

She took her eyes off Nicki and looked at me. "You got anywhere to be after school?"

I shook my head no.

"Nah, I don't wanna go," Kiana told Nicki. She walked away.

"What happened with you, Kae, and Mary?" Kiana asked.

"How do you know something happened?"

"Both of them mean-muggin' you," she replied. Mary is so fake. I can't believe shes on Kae's side now.

"Kae has never liked me since we were young and I don't know why. But she used to mess around with Chris before me so maybe thars why. And Mary," I rolled my eyes at her name, "its so stupid what happened with us. We were like best friends. I told her about Chris and me dating, and this is when we were still quiet about it. But anyway, she didn't believe me. And she said some rude stuff about how hes too good for me," I explained.

"Ew, fuck both of them. But anyways, you wanna go with me to the mall?" Kiana wondered.

"Yeah, sure," I answered.

The bell rang. Students immediatly got up to throw their garbage out and get to the next class they had. Sadly, the whole popular clique walked over to us.

"Sure you don't wanna go?" Trey asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Kiana said.

"Good," Karrueche mumbled but it was loud enough that we heard.

"Shut the fuck up hoe 'fore I beat yo ass," Kiana instantly shot back.

Everyone became silent and looked at Kae, waiting for her reply. Christina grabbed Karrueches arm and dragged her away.

I was the first one to start laughing. I'm so glad that I met Kiana this morning. Mary was always as much of a good girl as I was. Kiana on the other hand was loud and outspoken. It was fun to have someone with that kind of personality around.
-
"Lets go to Footlocker first. My nigga works there," Kiana ordered, leading the way.

"Oh you have a boyfriend?" I asked. Thats probably who she's texting all the time.

"Well, it ain't official yet but we talk so it might be," Kiana replied.

We got into the store. A sales rep. walked up to us and smiled. He put Kiana in a bear hug. They kissed and I pretended to be interested in the shoes because I felt awkward. But when they pulled apart I forced myself to speak. I need to get out of my shell.

"Hi, i'm Khadijah," I introduced myself, smiling at him.

"Victor," he smiled back.

"Oh, you got customers," Kiana pointed to a young couple. "I'll see ya later!"

"Bye baby. Bye Khadijah," Vic said.

We waved and walked out the store.

"Where you wanna go first?" Kiana asked.

I was tempted to let her chose but i went against it. "Charlotte Russe?" I suggested.

Once we were in the store, I immediatly went over to look at the coats and jackets they had in stock. Kiana grabbed my wrist and took me over to the shirt section.

"Khadijah, every day in school, you were a damn sweater or hoodie. Try something new," Kiana pointed at the clothing.

"Maybe I like hoodies," I replied.

"Still, you gotta change up every once in a while. These clothes are cute. Get some!" She insisted.

If you look in my closet all you'll find is sweaters and hoodies. I know I sound basic but my sense of style is actually great. I just don't have enough money or confidence to buy and wear what I like.

After looking through all the clothing, I settled for a black and white tribal print infinity scarf and a black leather jacket.

"Thats all you're getting?" Kiana squinted her eyes.

"I only have 30 dollars with me," I said, getting in the line.

"I'll pay," Kiana said like it was obvious.

"Kiana no. I'm not a charity case."

"Fine then."

She walked off to finish shopping. Kiana drove me home just in time so that I wouldn't be late. I told her the whole fake tutoring story.

I grabbed the bag and opened the car door. "Thank you for taking me Kiana," I said genuinly. She was so sweet.

"No problem girl. Oh and take this," She said, reaching over to grab a huge, heavy bag.

The bag was from Charlotte Russe. And inside was a bunch of clothing

"I can't take this," I said.

"Yeah, you can. If ya don't, I'll just give it to ya Grandma," She smirked.

I dropped the bag in my hand and gave Kiana a tight hug.

"Thank you so much. You didn't have too," I said.

"Well, you my bitch. I can't have you out here looking raggedy," Kiana laughed.

"When I pick yo ass up tomorrow, you better be wearing something new," Kiana stated.
-

I ran into my room to try on all the clothing. Over all I got two scarves, one jacket, one cardigan, one pair of jeans, one pair of brown leather knee-high boots, and a few necklaces.

Looking over all the clothes made me excited. I really feel like this is the next step to changing myself for the better.
---------
Hey everyone! So, this is just a boring filler chapter. And I know that your friend buying you a bunch of clothes sounds unrealistic but I wanted Kiana to be nice lol Thank you for reading!