𝟯𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆

I can't wear this

What was I thinking?

I should've never let Rebecca convince me.

After I finished teasing Roman I went to the bathroom to change, much to his dismay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely confident in my body but as soon as I took a look in the mirror I started to panic.

A knock snaps me out of my trance. "You okay?"

"Uh- Yeah?" But it comes out more like a question.

"I'm coming in."

"NO!" What is wrong with me? I'm not usually this insecure.

But I can't lodge with feeling out of me.

"Kai what's wrong?" He asks sounding a bit worried.

I don't reply right away. I hear the basement door open, did he leave?

"If you're fucking cover it up I'm going down!" Rebecca makes her presence known.

"Where is she?" She asks.

"Bathroom. Can you talk to her? I don't know what to do." Frick now I feel bad. A few moments pass before the basement door closes.

The door slowly opens. "Hey babe, you okay?" She fully opens the door and walks in.

"I don't know why I'm acting like this." I laugh in disbelief.

"What's wrong?" She's wearing a white see-through cover-up over her blue two-piece bathing suit. She looks gorgeous.

"I don't know." I groan. "I took one look in the mirror and my anxiety started rising," I tell her.

"Kai, you look gorgeous! I wish I could pull this off." She attempts to make me feel better.

If I'm being honest, I know I look good but there's still something making me nervous.

"Is this because of Roman?" She asks cautiously.

No.

Yes?

Fuck!

Am I really feeling insecure about my boyfriend seeing me in this? "It's stupid."

"It's not. I get it you're nervous, but trust me the moment he sees you in this he's going to be completely mesmerized." She reassured me.

She's right. I hope.

I shake myself, getting rid of the anxiousness.

I grab the black lace cover-up and put it over me. We head to the dock where we find everyone except Roman is in the lake. I feel my cheeks heat up, feeling embarrassed about my actions from earlier. I walk over to him. He pulls me in by the waist, "you okay?" He whispers.

I'm not going to tell him I was nervous. Do I just shrug it off? Fuck.

"She was nervous about you seeing her in her bathing suit. Which looks smoking hot on her by that way" I snap my head to Rebecca who somehow managed to get here without me noticing.

Where standing close enough to the edge for me to push her.

And I do.

I make sure she doesn't have her phone in her hand before pushing her into the lake. "Bitch!" She spits out once she reaches the surface. I roll my eyes at her and flip her off.

"Are you fucking me right now?" Right, forgot he was here.

"Well, not right now I'm not," I say before I can stop myself.