𝟭𝟵 | 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹

Monday, November 9th

"Why do we always take 3 cars if we're all going to the same place?" We're in the kitchen, the twins are sitting on the island and I'm finishing cooking breakfast.

We rotate days but they always prefer when I cook, can't blame them though, I'm really good.

"Not sure actually," Rebecca replies. "We should start riding together." She suggests.

Roman shrugs, "don't care."

I roll my eyes, "who's car do we take today?" I turn off the stove and put the sausages on the buns, that already have condiments on them.

I grab all three plates and set them on the counter.

"I'll drive today," Roman says. They both grab their breakfast sandwiches and take a bite out of them.

"Oh my god marry me." Rebecca groans out exaggeratedly.

"Why doesn't she cook more often?"

"Because you both have hands."

We finish breakfast and all go to Romans car. We both have creative writing at 9:00 and Rebecca has her first class at 9:15.

I go to sit in the back but Rebecca quickly stops
me, "you're sitting up front." She opens the passenger door and ushers me in.

"She makes you seem normal."

"Ditto." Roman replies next to me.

We make the drive to campus in silence. Since Roman and I have the same class we walk together. "where's Asher?" I ask when we get to our usual seats.

"Too hungover." He says. Classic, although Dean is the alcoholic of the group, Ashers is the lightweight.

The professor walks in and the room goes silent. He's cool but you don't want to get on his bad side, especially in the mornings.

"Good morning, I hope you all had a good weekend, now let's get down to business." He starts, "our annual fall ball is being held this Friday night."

"What's a fall ball?" I ask.

He leans close to my ear, holy hell, "a stupid fucking fall dance the English department holds." He explains.

"Like you, all know, or should know, my students, are required to go, no exceptions whatsoever. You will also be paired into partners to write a short essay on each other, which you will recite to each other the night of the ball, whether it be while you're dancing or sitting at your table."

Ugh.

"Pick your partners and one person from each group email me with your partners' names and I will respond with the outline for the assignment."

I turn to where Romans sitting, "partner?" I ask.

"No." He says.

I smile, "perfect." I open a new email and submit Roman as my partner.