𝟰𝟯 | 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿

March 26

I'm really freaking happy. And that's a rare one. Usually, I'm, okay? I don't know how to describe it but I can't remember the last time I was truly happy.

"You're staring."

"I'm gazing."

"It's creepy."

"It's romantic." I smile. For some reason, I wasn't able to sleep much all night. I was tossing and turning, not being able to turn off my brain. Two main topics were on my mind. Robert and the trail. Today is Friday and the last day of court. We left Wednesday morning and I've been receiving updates from Lynn, so far everything's been going good in my favor.

It 6:30 and I'm wide awake which is very uncommon for me.

"Hey, you okay?" I snap out of my thoughts.

"Just worrying about the trial, no big deal." I smile softly. We're cuddled up on my bed, with my head laying on his chest. He had a fight last night that wore him out and he ended up falling asleep mid-conversation with Aria. I took over and had an interesting conversation about alligators with her.

"That's not it, is it?" Busted. Okay so I may not show it that much but every time he fights I get scared. But that's reasonable, right? I would never ask him to quit because there's this certain glow he has after a fight.

"I'm fine," I reassure him. "But-"

Seriously Kai?

"But?"

"Do you plan on making a career out of boxing?" I ask.

He doesn't answer right away but soon he does. "I honestly don't know." He answers. "The plan was always to get my marketing degree and move back home to work with my parents."

"That's the plan, but is it what you want?"

"I love fighting but this isn't a life I want for Aria." He says.

"I get it but there's a huge difference between being an illegal fighter and fighting for the MMA or whatever the heck it's called. You could still give Aria the time, love, and dedication you want to give her while doing the thing you love."

"I'll be doing the thing I love pretty soon." I can practically hear the smirk on his face. I slap his chest.

"You have a dirty mouth." I scold.

"You didn't mind my dirty mouth when it was in between your le-" I slap my hand over his mouth while feeling the best rise to my cheeks.

This motherfu-

So..we may or may not have done, a thing. I don't regret it but the memory of it makes me blush.

"I hate you so much."

"That's not what you were saying Tuesday nig-"Again I slap my hand over his mouth.

"Watch it." I scold. With a swift moment suddenly I'm on my back with him hovering over me.

"Or what?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Or you'll be single," I say casually.

He licks his lips and leans down, planting kissing around my neck.

"Roman." I whimper.

"What were you saying?"

What was I saying?

Fuck.

I gasp loudly and he quickly gets off. "What?!" He asks with wide eyes.

"We should go to the water park!" It's like 80° so it's perfect!