chapter 10

addisons pov
"EEEEEEEEEE" i screeched as bryce chased me around the living room. "y'all are like little kids you know?" tayler said looking at his phone.

i then picked up a pillow and put in one the floor so bryce would trip. "OUCH" i heard so i turned back to see bryce had tripped and was now on the floor.

"im sowwy" i say pouting as i go back to him. i sit down in front of him and hug him as i play with his hair. we then turned around to see tayler just staring at us as though we were crazy.

"HEY STARING ISNT NICE" bryce playfully yelled as tayler and i laughed. "can yall get ready. its 11am and we haven't even had our breakfast". "fineee" bryce and i whined as we walked to our own rooms. i showered and dressed up.

(addison is wearing this ^)

"FINALLY" tayler says as i come out of my room. "okay come on" bryce says standing up and walking out. i got into the passenger seat of bryces car and tayler got into the back. bryce drove to the alley cafe. (the alley cafe is this storys saddle ranch iykyk)

"i would like to have a set of pancakes" "ill have nutella waffles" "ill have a fruit bowl please" we say as the waiter takes our orders. not long after, we got our food and finished eating and bryce paid for the food. "bryce can i drive?" i asked him. "sure" he says as he handed his keys over to me. we got into the car and i started driving home.

around 5 minutes later, i heard a "ting" sound from my phone so i asked bryce to help me check what the notification was. he picked up my phone and just stared at it. "what is it?" i asked but i didnt get a reply. "bryce what is it?" i asked him again.

"addison can you pull over somewhere nearby?" he asked. i was confused but i just pulled over at a gas station. he then passed me my phone and read the message that i got from my mom out loud. "adds, you might not take this news well but i know i have to tell you. aunt cora had just passed away due to a car crash" i read as i broke down in tears.

bryce, tayler and i were all raised in louisiana. bryce, tayler and aunt cora were neighbors with my family. i stayed with aunt cora for 11 years as my parents had to move to florida for work. two months after my mom and dad moved back to louisiana, i moved to LA and i've been here ever since. aunt cora was basically my second mom and the boys know that.
________________
bryces pov
"adds" tayler called out before addison walked out of the car. "bryce go after her. you are the only one who can help her right now" tayler said to me as i nod and walk out of the car. i found addison sitting on the grass by the road so i went up to her. "hey" i say as i sit down next to her.

"hi" she answered dryly wiping away her tears. "come here" i say as i pulled addison into a hug and let her cry into my chest. "let's go to louisiana" i say to addison. "what?" addison says as she pulls away. "we can just push our meetings to next week and take the week off. we can go to louisiana and visit our families. what do you think?"

i ask her as she lets out a weak smile. "yes please. thank you bryce" she says as she hugs me again. "you don't have to thank me" i say. i then lift her up and bring her back to the car. i place her in but this time in the back, next to tayler. i got into the drivers seat and drove back home.
_____________________
a/n not me running out of ideas 😭😩

[693 words]