chapter 22

bryces pov

"although it'll be hard for him for this next few days.. we managed to save him!" the doctor says with a smile on her face. addison comes up to me and hugs me tight as tears drop from my eyes. dont worry! its happy tears. 

"i told you that he would make it" addison whispers into the hug. "i love you" i tell her as she does the same. "can we go see him?" blake asks the doctor before she nods her head. "bryce and addison- you can go in first.." blake tells us. 

we go in and i see josh laying there with around 10 tubes put in his body and a big scar on his chest. i sit down on the chair next to the bed and addison stands beside me. "br-bryce?" josh asks weakly. 

i cant do this. i put my head in my arms and cry. i feel addison hold onto my hand and rub it with her thumb. "br-bryce please d-dont cry" josh says softly. he then opens up his arms slowly and i hug him. 

"im sorry" josh says pulling away from the hug. "you don't have to apologize.." i say to him. "n-no i do. i made a mistake and i-.. i shouldnt h-have done that" josh explains. "no josh. its fine. i know how you felt and it was a mistake.. plus, everyone makes mistakes" i tell him. 

addison then walked up to him and gave him a hug too. "thank you" josh mumbles as addison and i look at him confused. "for b-being there for me no matter w-what" josh adds. "of course josh.. you're my best friend." i say. 

________________

addisons pov

after a few hours, we left the hospital because we couldn't stay pass visiting hours. i changed into bryces hoodie and sweatpants before laying down next to him on my bed. "hey" bryce says pulling me closer to him. 

"hi baby" i reply cuddling into his chest. "im sorry that todays date didnt end that well" he says. "its not your fault. dont worry about it bryce" i say pecking him on his lips before laying back down. 

"i just wanted you to know that i love you very much and i never ever want to lose you." he says stroking my hair. "i love you so so so so much too and i wouldn't trade you for the world" i said back. 

we just layed there cuddling until bryce flipped us over so he was on top. "heyy what was that for?" i asked laughing. "i like being on top!!" bryce says rolling his eyes as a joke. he laid his head on my chest while i played with his hair. 

i wasnt tired yet so i went on my phone and was scrolling through instagram. i was reposting some fan edits when i came across a tiktokroom post of my ex, tony who had tweeted something i think.

"thanks for the sex last week @/whoisaddison"

"addi and i did some stuff tgt at a party ;) hoping we can get back together"

"she deserves me more than she deserves him"

... i read in my head. why would he lie?! i would NEVER cheat on bryce! guess ill just have to explain all these to bryce tomorrow. i looked down at bryce to see him peacefully sleeping on my chest. what did i ever do to deserve him.

________________

bryces pov

i woke up and looked up to see that addison still asleep. i reached over my phone check the time-- "9:03am". i went on instagram because i didnt wanna get up just yet. i looked at my notifications and clicked on a post that i was tagged in. it was a tiktokroom post. i read it and.. WHAT?! 

addison would never cheat on me... right? i stood up and sat down on the couch waiting for her to wake up. i was on my phone when i heard "good morning". i look over to see addison sitting up and rubbing her eyes. she came up to me wanting to give me a kiss but i dodged. 

"why?" she asked confused. i showed her my phone with the tiktokroom post. "you did go to a party last week didn't you?" i ask softly. "yes i did but-" she started to explain but i cut her off. "but what addison?!" i asked getting a little angry. 

________________

a/n cliffhangers just for grace <3

[746 words]